On the 3rd of June I went into Barnsley to see Chloe and Laura. It was a while since we had been to Barnsley and it was better for me as it meant I didn't have to travel far. We met for coffee then had a quick walk round some shops. I bought three books in The Works but not sure I bought anything else. We went for lunch in the Market Kitchen. I had a halloumi kebab and chips from the Greek place in there I think. We then just sat for ages chatting at a table. It wasn't busy so we weren't taking up space. We finally said goodbye about 3pm probably.
On the Thursday I went to Sheffield to meet my friend Philippa for lunch. She had suggested Mandala Cafe down on Chesterfield so after I had been working in the morning I set off to meet her. I've been working loads recently - I have a big new client which is great because I am earning lots of money - but it has meant that I have been working a lot more. It's been tiring!
I had the thali with Pippa because I can rarely resist a thali - I just love having little bits of all kinds of things to eat. It was all tasty. I also had a brownie for pudding. Pippa and I chatted until around 3.30 I think, and then I had to go to Barnsley for an x ray on my wrist. I've been having problems with it for months and had seen the physio about it and he wanted me to have an x ray on it. My appointment was at 5.05 but I was worried about being late due to Sheffield and Barnsley traffic, and Lee couldn't take me as he also had to go to the hospital at about 4.30. I actually wasn't at the hospital - my appointment was at one of those NHS centres in town and city centres so I was actually in the middle of Barnsley at the Glass Works. This worked out way better for me as I could park more easily.
I was there really early and had my book with me, fully prepared to sit and wait, but no sooner had I checked in than they were calling me through. There were two x ray technicians and they joked that they had been bored for a bit so were glad I was there earlier. It was great because it meant I was home before 5pm and could wait for Lee.
We headed off to Sheffield again - do keep up, it was a busy day - for Lee to play his first gig with his new band, Lax. His old band, This Is Not A Drill, split up because the drummer has moved to York, so Lee has formed a new band with his bass player, Brian, Leah, who he was in a band with ten years ago, and their friend Joel who they've all known forever. Leah is singing which she hasn't done before so she was nervous. We got to the Lughole and I sat reading my book and talking to Brian's partner Lisa. And drinking Hooch. I was a little bit young to drink Hooch in the late 90s but my mum loved it! And I have to say I like it too.
Lee's band sounded great, I enjoyed it. We talked to a bunch of other people and stayed for the other bands too. We left at about 10pm I guess. We stopped at Burger King on the way home to get tea for both of us. It was fun! I was wearing my 'Sometimes antisocial, always antifascist' t shirt and these 'nope' earrings. I don't remember where they came from but I was loving wearing them!
Brunch with Lee I think in Barnsley? I think it was in the Lounge but I'm really not sure now
Ridiculous leopard print dress! I love it so much. It's so soft to wear, too
Handmade earrings
Halloumi kebab in the Market Kitchen with Chloe and Lolly
All three of us shortly before we said goodbye
The books I bought in The Works
Oh and in among all of this I managed to finish cataloguing my zines! I started this before we moved house but ran out of time so chucked a bunch more in a box and have then been working on getting them all sorted. This is what over a thousand zines looks like! I got rid of lots and got them all nicely sorted into sizes. This area in our house is on the middle landing in a bit of a random area. On the other side is a bookshelf filled with my crafting magazines, and above these zines are a bunch of my ornaments and crystals on display. It's a nice use of an area that would otherwise be a bit forgotten. It's just outside Lee's office/one of the spare rooms
Thali I had with Philippa. Part of it on the right was like a deconstructed onion bhaji and it was the best bit I think
Brownie, I do love a brownie
My NOPE earrings, haha
Hooch in the Lughole later on
And finally Lee's band on 'stage' - Lee is on the left there to the right of the speaker stack











No comments:
Post a Comment