Caroline, Neil and Rob went off somewhere where Caroline could collect sea glass on the beach, and Neil and Rob went to a World War Two museum I think. Me, Kensi, my mum, Beth, and T went off to the rare breeds farm. Lee, Peter and Norman stayed at the caravans and went to the bar to play pool and drink slushes. I offered to drive the five of us so we had T's car seat in the car!
We got there and paid our admission and went in. It's a pretty big place and you could probably spend all day there and take a picnic and so on, but we went first of all to the petting area. There were rabbits and guinea pigs which we got to stroke and T was very gentle with them! We looked at the goats and the pigs and the horses. We got on a tractor trailer and went on a little ride on it. It was so hot though!
We played on some tractors with T and then we went in the butterfly house but we did not see one single butterfly! I don't know if it was because of the heat or what. But we didn't! The farm was close to closing by this time so we went and got a drink and an ice cream each and ate them in the shade. We played in the sandpit with T for a bit too, but then we had to get back because Beth had hired a little go kart type thing. As we got back Peter had gone to pick it up so Beth and T went on it with Peter and then when they came back I had a go. It was really tiring on the thighs so I didn't go far but it was fun!
We took the team photo because it's tradition and you have to. Beth took the kart back and Lee and I got busy cooking tea. We made tacos with an onion, tomato and coriander salad, and a sour cream based dip which were all delicious. We took it over to the main caravan for tea and then had pudding and stuff.
Peter had decided to leave about 9pm as he wanted to stay the night at his parents' to collect a bike, so a few people went for a walk before he left. I just sat and chilled though. We said goodbye to Peter just as the sun was setting.
In the morning we just packed all the stuff and got going, but Lee and I did stop at the churchyard in Romney Marsh because that's where Derek Jarman is buried. It took us a while to find it but I was glad we had bothered because it was nice to see. We made good time driving home and were obviously happy to get home to see the cats!
It is such a nice tradition we've got going on here, and long may it continue. I'm really glad we took Kensi along with us too!
Guinea pigs! My mum and I love guinea pigs! I had a few when I was little and then my mum had a couple after I left home
This shire horse was so big and so beautiful, I really liked stroking her
Baby T being so gentle with the rabbits
This rabbit was absolutely huge!
Oh T got to feed the goats too - you could put goat feed down the little pipes and then they all came to eat it! It was so cute!
These pigs were huge too. Some kind of rare breed, I dunno what exactly
Team photo! Taken by Neil
Derek Jarman's grave, where some people have left shells and stones for him
And the church where he is buried, which is very cute too








No comments:
Post a Comment