Monday, September 28, 2026

Barnsley Zine Fair Summer 2026

The second Saturday of August saw the next Barnsley Zine Fair! I was pleased to have a table but I was still very tired from my quick trip to Brighton. But Jacqui came with me to hang out! Obviously Lee would have stayed all day with me but Jac and I hadn't seen each other in ages so she said she would come and hang out with me. Lee dropped me off and helped me get inside, and then he went to the record shop and had a look round the zine fair before going home. 

Jac arrived and we just sat chatting! It was actually really nice to not have anything else to do. The fair was busy as usual and I had my new prints and stickers for sale so that was good. Chloe was near to me so I got to talk to her too. The 01226 Collective were doing temporary tattoos so I had to get one, of course!

Jac went out to get lunch for both of us which is such a helpful thing for a tabler at a zine fair. I sat on Chloe's table for a bit so she could get some lunch. I traded a bunch of zines - I was really proactive at asking people to trade and bought some too of course. Jac isn't that into zines but she did buy some art. 

We got everything packed up and then cross the road to the main plaza in Barnsley. We decided to go to the Market Kitchen for food. I think Jac got Japanese food but I went for a mushroom pizza from Nero's I think. I got some kind of strawberry cocktail too which was delicious!

Jac got on the train home and Lee came and picked me and all my zine stuff up. I just chilled for the rest of the night but of course took a photo of everything I bought or traded for posterity, too. I also traded with the writer of Bat Makes and they sent me a letter about my zines a couple of weeks later!


My table all set up. Someone dropped out so Jason moved someone to a full table and then I got a full table too! It's really good when people can expand to fill gaps


My temporary tattoo, haha


Drinking a strawberry cocktail after the fair



And here's everything I got

No comments:

Post a Comment