Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Trip to Darlington in May

At the end of May I went to Darlington with my friend Katie to see our friend Kate. The three of us met at university sixteen years ago and have been friends ever since. I see Katie a few times a year because she lives in Wakefield, but I hadn't seen Kate in a year so we'd organised to get together again. We were going to meet up in Leeds like we did last year (which I seem to not have posted about), but I was a bit skint so I asked if we could drive up to Kate's and just go a pub instead. They both agreed, so I picked Katie up and we headed up to Darlington which didn't take long. The sun was just about breaking through the haze!

We went to The Tuns in Sadberge, where Kate's brother Paul is a chef. There's a nice beer garden so we sat outside and I think all of us caught the sun! We each had a starter, a main, and a dessert. I had pate to start with, then a savoury pancake with salmon and prawns, and then chocolate brownie. They were all extremely good and I'd really recommend the pub for food and for friendly staff too.

We stayed about three hours just chatting in the sunshine, before going back to Kate's, where we didn't stay very long before Katie and I set off back home.

I love these girls so very much - we lived together for three years at uni, they were my bridesmaids, and even though we don't see each other all that often, I know that they both have my back if I ever need them. We've decided to try to see each other over the summer instead of leaving it so long next time!


Coarse pate with bruschetta and onion chutney


Savoury pancake with salmon and prawns - this was so nice, and something really different


The most gorgeous squidgy chocolatey brownie!

No comments:

Post a Comment