On the Thursday of mine and Lee's pre Kent trip to Peterborough, we decided to go into the city centre itself. We set off about 11 and found a car park and walked through the shopping centre and out into what I think was the market square. We were heading towards the cathedral because it's where Katherine of Aragon is buried! She's my favourite Tudor Queen so I really wanted to see that. They were closing the cathedral at about midday for graduations so we didn't have long to look around but long enough. It was really cool! It's also where Mary Queen of Scots was buried for a while until they moved her to Westminster Abbey to lie next to Elizabeth the First who had her killed! Absolutely wild.
We went in a few other shops including Waterstones. I still had vouchers from my birthday to spend so I had had the foresight to take those! So I got three books and unusually for me I made the plan to read them straight away and enjoyed them all over the next couple of weeks. We had plenty of places to choose to eat but decided on Turtle Bay. I had loaded fries and some kind of tacos, which were both really good. I'm sure I had a cocktail too but I'm not sure what type it was now.
We got back to the Airbnb at about 3.30pm I'm guessing and went swimming again. It was still so lovely and gorgeous. I definitely just floated about for more than an hour or so. We finally got out and I had another lovely shower and we watched films and had sandwiches for tea, the same as the night before.
Lee and I hadn't been away as I had been away with my mum and Sam and Jac and he had been working hard and I had a big new client that I had been working nonstop on, so it was so nice to just stop and pause together for a bit. We went out to look at the sunset again later


















No comments:
Post a Comment