Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Little Trip to Hebden Bridge

On the 18th of June I went to Hebden Bridge to look catsit for my friend Janet's cat Missy. I met Janet through blogging like fifteen years ago and we've met a few times. She had asked for a catsitter and I fancied a night or two in Hebden Bridge so said yes. I had work and then a visit to the dentist on the Thursday, and then I ate tea with Lee before I set off. Missy miaowed at me so I fed her as soon as I arrived and then sat down to chill. I watched some Poirot on Netflix and did some of my cross stitch and otherwise just hung out with myself.

Janet's spare room is very comfortable so I slept well except for Missy screaming for food. I fed her about 7am and went back to sleep for a bit, haha. In the morning I rested for a bit and then drove into the town centre and parked. I walked hither and thither looking in all the shops. I had arranged to meet my friend Ava for lunch but she had something to do first so I had time to wait. I had a coffee and bought a book in one of the charity shops but otherwise didn't buy much.

I went to Leila's Kitchen to wait for Ava as I had had it recommended as good for veggie food, and as Ava is vegan that worked out for both of us. I read my book while I was waiting, and when she arrived we ordered. I had hummus and falafel and a thing that was like Persian tzatziki (that's what the menu said!) and lots of bread. It was really good. I then had a piece of coffee and walnut cake. It was really hot in the cafe but it was in the beginning of the heatwave so it wasn't surprising. 

When we'd eaten I took Ava back to Todmorden where she lives and then went back to Janet's. I watched some more TV and read my book, but wasn't sure what to do for my tea. I could have ordered something but I wasn't enamoured by any of the offerings on Just Eat. I've heard that Woody's Pizza is really good so I got back in the car and drove down to it. It was SO busy so I placed my order but had about forty minutes to wait so I went round to a cocktail bar and had a drink while I was waiting. 

The pizza was just mushroom but it was delicious! I enjoyed it. I hung out with Missy some more and watched more Poirot. (It's on Netflix! Go watch!) I wasn't late to bed which Missy was glad about it. It had been a lovely day though!

In the morning I had a shower and then went into the centre for one last time to get an ice cream. I would have had one the day before but I was full after lunch so didn't. I ate it sitting in the car before driving home. My mum and stepdad were at mine when I got there because my stepdad was helping Lee build the catio for our cats. It looks so good and they are loving it! 


Looking down into the river off the bridge in the town centre


The graffiti of Sylvia Plath, as is tradition. I also love the little Moomin next to her


Looking at the bridge


My lunch


And my cake


The book I was reading, which was good


And my ice cream on Saturday morning

No comments:

Post a Comment