Thursday, August 27, 2026

Family Holiday Day 3

On the Friday of our trip away Lee and I left the Airbnb about 10am I guess, and set off down to Kent. We stopped for lunch at a service station again and I went for Chopstix but they gave me the wrong thing to start off with and it included meat, which I don't eat, so that wasn't ideal! We went over the Dartford Bridge and got into Kent. The traffic wasn't too bad, it was just quite a long way through Kent. Once we went down to the small roads it was a bit slow going but we were fine!

We got to Romney Sands about 2pm I think. My mum and stepdad and K had just arrived and had been given our keys so we found them and together we found our caravans and let ourselves in. My mum and stepdad had a caravan just behind ours. In mine was me, Lee, K, and Peter. Then just a couple of rows over was the other one for Caroline, Neil, Rob, Beth, and T. So we were all close together.

The park itself must have been a Butlins or a Pontins once upon a time, and it was a bit neglected. The whole thing looked in need of a good clean and some upkeep. It had shades of Hi De Hi about it! But we're mostly just about being together so that was the main thing. Caroline and Neil arrived not long after us and then Peter and everyone else arrived about 5.30.

It had been T's birthday and we bought him a Jessie doll to go with his Buzz Lightyear and Woody, so he was pleased to get that. He started playing with her immediately! Rob made pasta with homemade sauces which was delicious, and he had made tiramisu too which was SO good! 

Some of us decided to go down to the sea and maybe to swim so I put my swimming costume on and we headed down. There was me, Lee, K, Rob, Neil, and my mum. The beach had a bit of a difficult dune but it was okay. Peter joined us too. My mum and he and Lee stood on the beach while the rest of us walked really quite a long way to actually get to the water. I end up going to about my waist I guess, but I could swim and it was nice to be rocked about in the waves. The water was nice and warm!

We went back to the caravans eventually and I showered all the sand and filth off me and then we had a few drinks. No one was too late to bed as we were all tired. Fortunately the heatwave wasn't too bad right by the sea - it was really windy and I appreciated a breeze blowing over me all night! 


Our caravan when we arrived


Long shadows on the beach about 8pm


Lee and I soaked in golden sunshine


My mum paddling


Me paddling


Rob wading in


All four of us waiting to get in. I don't love this photo of myself but I do love the memory of swimming with my lovely family


Lee took this of K and I wading out - you c an see we were only up to our thighs though!


Looking up towards the sunset when I got out


It was so beautiful


And the clouds were too



And here was the caravan park just before we headed to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment