As with last month, I've done a round up of films I've watched this month. I have varied taste in films, and Lee and I tend to watch things we already like when we do watch a film together. I didn't watch as many films this month; I've been watching TV instead.
1) Maleficent - I like Angelina Jolie and wanted to see this. I really enjoyed it! I like things which put a twist on a familiar story
2) The Time Traveller's Wife - I've never read the book but I like Rachel McAdams so I thought I'd give this a go. I loved it. I really want to read the book now.
3) Snatch - again, I'd never seen this and wanted to see what I was missing. I liked the different narratives. I don't think it deserves all the hatred towards it, although Brad Pitt's accent is terrible
4) Toy Story 3 - Lee and I watched this together; we love the Toy Story films although I've seen this one the least. I like it.
5) Scream 4 - we love the Scream films but I think we've only seen this one once before. I couldn't remember much about it, but I did remember the murderer. It's not as great as the first ones, but it isn't bad.
6) Angels & Demons - I like Dan Brown's books - even though I know they're rubbish really - and I saw The Da Vinci Code a few years ago, Lee and I saw this on Netflix and I had to explain a lot of it to him. I think it was quite true to the book, given the time constraints.
7) Alfie (the original) - I've never seen this even though I like Michael Caine and watch The Italian Job regularly. I quite liked it, the fashions were great.
8) Submarine - I mainly wanted to see this because it's British and directed by Richard Ayoade. I haven't read the book, but I thought the film was great.
9) Sicko - I like Michael Moore's films even though they make me angry because of the injustice they show. This one is about the state of healthcare in the US. I recommend all of his films, but especially Bowling for Columbine.