Sunday, June 21, 2015

Photo An Hour 24th May

Since 23rd May was a very boring at home day for me, I decided to do the Sunday as photo an hour too, since I had Plans! I decided to treat myself to a night away in a hotel for completing my MA work, and I decided to go to the North East to visit my friend Kimmi, and I asked Sam to come too. We booked into the Hilton in Gateshead and set off early on the Sunday so that we'd have time to use the swimming pool at the hotel. I missed a couple of hours due to swimming, but here's a ton of photos anyway!


9am ish and I was packing my stuff as I hadn't done it the night before.


10 ish and I picked Sam up at my extremely local station. It has no ticket machine and only one platform


11 ish and I was driving, this is my old car. 


Noon and we were still driving.


1pm and here's the iconic Tyne Bridge! I'm standing in my hotel taking this so you can see how close we were. North East people can also tell that I'm over the river in Gateshead taking this, NOT in Newcastle! We walked up the street to have lunch with my friend Paul who lives in Gateshead and is one of Lee's friends from college (Lee's from Durham)


This swing bridge was just along from the Tyne Bridge and I liked it a lot. It was the main view from our room on the 2nd floor. 


3pm ish and we checked into our room. I love hotel beds! We then went down into the gym to swim


Post swimming hair!


6pm ish and Sam and I were ready to go down to meet Kim. We don't scrub up too badly do we?!


We had a drink in the bar first, so here's Sam and Kim looking lovely (I met both these girls through The Libertines fandom and I'm so glad I did!)


We had an excellent meal which ended with this salted caramel pudding with white chocolate ice cream - delicious! 

I'd definitely recommend the Hilton Newcastle Gateshead as it was very spacious, clean, had excellent facilities, nice staff, a lovely restaurant, and gorgeous views over the Tyne. We paid £91 for our twin room which didn't include breakfast but did include access to the gym and pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment