Sunday, February 9, 2020

My 2019 Advent Calendar

You may remember last year when I blogged about the advent calendars I had had in December, well I thought I would do the same this year. I had a Lindt calendar and Lee had a tall Cadbury one that had bigger stuff in it like a packet of buttons and a whole Freddo! He and my mum also filled the little box advent calendar that my aunt had given me in 2018. It had loads of fun things in like buttons, sweets, seeds. It was really fun!

Anyway, I also bought myself one of the Yankee Candle advent calendars. I've had one for several years now. In 2019 they sold three different types. One is £25 and has 24 tealight candles plus a tealight holder. This is the one I've had before and I think it's good value. The tealights last for about 5 hours each and have a good scent throw.

The most expensive one retails at £79.99 and in that you get two small jar candles, lots of votices, a box of tealights, and other accessories. I would probably love this but I couldn't justify the expense at all. It's on sale as I write this but it's still at £56! However, it is probably lovely!

Then there's a calendar that is £35 and that comes with eight votive candles all in different scents, sixteen tealights in eight different scents, and a votive holder. I decided I would go for this one this year, to see if the extra ten pounds was worth it. The calendar is in a really nice book shape with leaves that fold out.

The votives were nicely spread out through the 24 days, although I mostly burned the tealights and have saved the votives. There's some really nice scents that I haven't smelt before - I really liked Cinnamon Stick and Frosty Gingerbread, as well as Icy Blue Spruce and Evergreen Mist. There's some old favourites too, like The Perfect Tree, which is a Yankee classic.

In all I felt that it was worth spending the extra money to get this calendar over the one with just tealights. Eight votives will last a long time and I liked having such a range of scents, too (in the tealights one you get just 8 different scents of 3 tealights each). I will probably buy the mid price one next year too as I really enjoy having this as an advent calendar and getting a new candle every day!


This is what the calendar looks like closed


And this is it open. The votive holder has no day on it, so you could open it at the beginning of the month to use all month. I have lots of holders though, so didn't open it until later

I was not in any way compensated for this post. I bought the calendar with my own money and am just writing this post because I want to share my experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment