Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Shopping in Barnsley

A new independent bookshop was opening in Barnsley in the middle of December, so I asked my friend Sarah to come along with me on the day it opened so spend some money locally and support a new business. Barnsley doesn't have the best town centre, and in recent years the only place to buy books has been The Works. In the spirit of putting my money where my mouth is, I wanted to go and support the shop, and I'm planning to go back every couple of months to spend some money. I bought three crime/thriller books and Sarah bought four books and a reading light.

Afterwards we went to Frankie & Benny's which is just out of the town centre. It was quite busy for a Monday afternoon. We shared some mozarella sticks, and then I tried one of their vegan burgers which I liked while Sarah had a chicken burger. Then we both had the hot cookie dough dessert which was really nice!

It was a lovely few hours out with Sarah. We swapped Christmas presents and chatted and it was lovely!


The ouside of the bookshop


The YA shelves in the bookshop 


And some more


Strawberry lemonade - it was delicious!


Mozarella sticks


Vegan burger and fries


Hot cookie dessert


The books that I bought - can't wait to get to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment