Thursday, February 27, 2020

Six the Musical in Salford

At the beginning of January I went to The Lowry in Salford to see Six the Musical with some friends. Sam had seen it before and wanted us to see it now that it's touring, so we had booked tickets months ago. In the event, Jac was too ill to come, but Sarah came to mine and I drove us over, where we met up with Sam and Jodie for food before the show.

We just went to Bella Italia, which I haven't been to in years. It used to be a bit rubbish, in my opinion, but they've upped their game I think. Sam had been and said it was nice. It was, but they didn't have loads of vegetarian options. But I chose mozzarella and tomato salad to start with, and then a pizza with goats cheese and balsamic dressing on it, and then I had hot cookie dough for dessert. It was nice, and pretty cheap.

We headed across to The Lowry at around 7.30. We were in the smaller theatre which is quite a long walk from the front. The show was sold out, though, so there were loads of people around.

It's about Henry the VIII's six wives. Each of the queenssings a song to try to persuade the audience that they were the most badly treated by Henry. It's not very long, but it also doesn't pause for breath. It's extremely slick, extremely funny, and it looks spectacular too. Each queen was different from the others but so talented. I loved the show, I would definitely see it again. My favourite queen has always been Catherine of Aragon, and I did love her, but honestly they're all fabulous. I would recommend the show.

I bought two badges - a badge saying Sorry Not Sorry which is what Anne Boleyn says, a pin badge saying I'm Unbreakable which is what Jane Seymour sings. I love how sparkly this is! Then I thought about buying a mug, but we own about seven hundred, so I bought a fridge magnet instead. Much better! The prices weren't bad - all three things came to £14.

I had a lovely evening, it was a high to start the new year on!


I don't even really like tomatoes, but I do love this kind of salad


Pizza


And dessert, which was soft and squidgy and sweet, and lovely!


Outside the theatre





Sam took this photos and forwarded them to me because her phone is much better in low light than mine. They actively encourage you to take photos in the final song, which is a reprise medley kind of thing, so don't worry that we weren't supposed to take photos. The woman playing Katherine Parr even took the phone from a kid in the front row and filmed onstage for him, which was really cute! 


My badges and fridge magnet. Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment