Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Films of the Month - December

Here's the films I watched in December. I only watched ten, but it's so busy over Christmas and watching films with others is not a Christmas activity for us. In fact I don't watch much TV over Christmas and had to catch up loads afterwards!


On the first day of the month I was feeling a bit miserable so I watched The History Boys, which is one of my favourite films. I love it all, the boys, the humour, the soundtrack. It never fails to comfort me


I'd heard of Across the Universe but had never seen it. It looks and sounds really pretty, but I didn't love it 


I haven't read The Little Stranger, but I've heard good things about it, so I thought I would watch the film. It's okay, Domhnall Gleeson is really good, but it didn't do much for me. Still, I'm glad I've seen it


Christmas! I watched Nativity, which I like even though I don't really like Martin Freeman. It's fun, and the kids are fun


A few days later I watched Nativity 2, which I didn't think I had seen, but I have, I remembered a lot of the plot as I was watching. I love David Tennant, but it's not as good as the first one


Lee and I watched Die Hard because we always do at Christmas, isn't it great?!


Then we watched Home Alone, another Christmas classic


And then we watched Die Hard 2, which people think isn't as good as the first and third films, but I actually really like it. I like William Sadler as the bad guy and the plot


As I said previously we watched The Last Jedi at the end of the month as a reminder of what happened. I like it, I think there's a lot of good stuff going on


...which meant that I therefore felt even more badly about The Rise of Skywalker, because it just didn't carry on some arcs from TLJ. I'm sad the franchise ended in that way, but what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment