Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Afternoon Out at Castle Hill

Lee and I drove to Huddersfield one Sunday in early March to drop off a Body Shop order with a friend of mine. It was the day after my Covid jab and although my arm was sore, I otherwise felt okay. We spoke to my friend for a bit - she on her garden wall and us in the car - and then drove to Castle Hill. We went via Dixons ice cream to buy ice creams, and then drove up Lockwood Scar which is an extremely vertical hill. There were quite a few people up Castle Hill but the car park wasn't busy which was good. 

We sat on a bench to eat our lunch and our ice cream, and watched a man do some kitesurfing which did look like fun but also looked like a lot of work. We didn't walk around much but it was nice to be out in the fresh air, and Dixon's is always worth getting. It's milk ice so really sweet and cold, and delicious!

I've been trying to get us out of the house every weekend even though it's cold, let's see what I have in store for next weekend!


Kitesurfing


Yummy ice cream with raspberry sauce and wafers!

No comments:

Post a Comment