Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Trip to Mallorca - Day 5

On the Wednesday of our holiday we went to the beach! If you know me at all you'll know that I love swimming in the sea and being on the beach in general, so I was really happy when we booked a hotel really close to the sea. It was down that huge hill but it was basically fine for me as we took it slowly. So we got up and had breakfast in the hotel before heading down to the beach in our swim stuff. It was about 11am when we got there and already warm. We put our towels kind of in the shade but it was obviously moving fast so we ended up in the sun anyway. 

I went in the sea! Lee doesn't like the beach or the sea very much so he just paddled in the shallow water while holding all the valuables, which was really helpful. Clay had told me on Monday that the bay is very shallow and she wasn't wrong - I walked out really quite far and was still only up to my boobs and could stand up. I did swim, but I could stand up too. The water was also really warm and just lovely, so I really liked it. I am so glad I got to do this and 

About 1pm we went to get some lunch from one of the restaurants on the beach front that we had seen the night before. It had crepes which we both like so we thought we would get those. We were in the shade which was much needed. I had a massive beer which was the size of my head. Lee had a tuna and onion pizza and I had a salmon, avocado, and cream cheese crepe. It was absolutely gorgeous! We considered having crepes for pudding but honestly we were both really full so we decided we would come down for crepes the day after instead. 

I swam again in the afternoon, twice. Then we decided to head back to the pool before it closed, and we bought ice creams on the way back up the big hill. We went swimming and were talking to a woman from Northern Ireland and her cute little girl. We had a lie down and a shower as usual before going to the restaurant for something to eat. The last photo is us in the bar last thing at night when we went for a drink! 


This was first thing in the morning when I was standing on our balcony. We could see the sea from our room which was really lovely 


This is what I wore to go on the beach. My swimming costume is underneath. On top of my costume are shorts from Yours which I love and wear a lot on holiday because they're good for round the pool etc. The top is from Evans absolutely forever ago; I used to have a few in this colour and wore them to death when I was at uni. I got this secondhand with its tags still on and it's really nice and floaty for wearing on holiday. It was good round the pool because it's long sleeved so it protected me from the sunshine. It got a bit stained on holiday but most of it washed out which is good so I can wear it in the future! 


I liked this cute Vespa on the street on the way down to the beach


This is looking towards Palma airport - there were loads of planes taking off all the time that we were watching


Paddling at first


And Lee, too. His flip flops came from Primark for a pound, haha


Looking further out


There were quite a lot of this little fish in the shallows


This was looking down towards where we had eaten the previous night. As you can see there were some clouds, but they kept moving across anyway


I think this is Lee's photo


And this


And this definitely is because there's me, swimming!


And walking out 


You can see how far out I was and the water still wasn't that high on me


Lee took this too 


And I posed for this, definitely!


Me and my beer, it was SO nice


Lee and I waiting for lunch


Lee's pizza


And my crepe


I apparently didn't take any photos for the entire rest of the afternoon or most of the evening, but here's Lee and I having a drink in the bar last thing on!

No comments:

Post a Comment