Thursday, November 2, 2023

Films of the Month - September

I watched eleven films in September which wasn't a bad number as it seemed to be a busy month. Here's what I saw:


I watched In From the Side, a queer film about two rival rugby players having a relationship, because Netflix thought I would like it. And I did! I probably wouldn't watch it again but it was quite entertaining


The History Boys is one of my favourite films and I watched it one rainy Friday afternoon. I can practically speak the entire script out loud


Something reminded me of the film about the Kray twins starring Martin and Gary Kemp so I watched it again. I'll probably watch Legend at some point too 


I watched this documentary about the sexual abuse scandal in the Boy Scouts of America movement and thought it was really interesting - I would recommend it


I don't think I've ever seen The First Wives Club before although I've heard of it, of course. I liked it, it's really funny and the main actors are all brilliant


Next I watched The Krays Code of Silence which was a bit odd but fits within the oeuvre of work about the gangsters, I suppose. Still, I probably don't need to see it again


I've seen this film before - it's a documentary thirty years after the Miners' Strike about the strike, from those who were there. It's really interesting


I'm not sure if I ever have seen Austenland before but it was on Netflix so I gave it a go. It's really fun and funny


Lee and I watched The Little Mermaid which I don't think I've seen since I was an actual child. We're still making our way through some classic Disney films 


I watched The Sense of An Ending because I quite recently read the book. Jim Broadbent is brilliant, but I can't say that I understood it any more than I understood the book!


Finally Lee and I watched Lady and the Tramp which again I haven't seen since I was a kid. I liked it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment