Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Lincoln Zine Fest 2023

It was Lincoln Zine Fest again on the 22nd of October and I of course got a table and was all ready for it. Lee couldn't come because he was playing a gig in York, so I asked my mum to come along with me. She arrived at mine just after 8am and we set off in Lee's car. The week before had been really rainy and a lot of the countryside was flooded, but fortunately we were able to get through. We got there about 9.45 and managed to park in the car park opposite the museum. We went in and got my table set up - I was on one end so had plenty of space and a big table. 

My mum had never been to a zine fest before so it was all new for her! She had a walk round as things got underway and she bought some bits. I was sat crocheting which was nice. I had a wander round too and bought quite a few zines! I didn't sell loads but still enough, and it was nice to see Lou and Si and Lou's mum! 

We left about 4.15pm and we weren't sure what to do next as Lee would be out until late and I wanted something to eat. We decided to go pick up my stepdad and go out for some food. My mum suggested that we try the Tandoori Hut which is in Barnsley on Wakefield Road and lots of people have recommended it. We got there about 6.30pm and they had a table which was great. Everything inside is all shiny and marble, giving the whole place a bit of a fancy air. It was really busy which gave it a nice atmosphere. I had onion bhajis and spinach paneer with rice. We all enjoyed the food and we will have to go again with Lee! 

I chilled out for a couple of hours when I got home before Lee got back not too late and it was time for bed! Zine fests absolutely exhaust me so I was glad I got to rest for a bit after I'd had a busy week. Fortunately, too, I didn't do anything on the Sunday so I had a very lazy day!


My stall all set up, doesn't it look cute?


I had some nice food in the museum - a vegan sausage roll, a brownie, and this Halloween themed hot chocolate. It had these cute sprinkles on top and was pumpkin spice flavoured! So nice


At tea time I stole this ring off my mum to try on. It fits me perfectly! She inherited it from my grandma earlier in the year


Onion bhajis - they were nice and quite spicy!


Spinach paneer. I didn't eat it all so I brought it home and ate it later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment