Friday, October 11, 2024

Day Out with Paul and Lianne

On the 24th of August our friends Paul and Lianne came to visit. They booked a hotel in Wakefield and got the train to there. Lee and I went a little bit early because we wanted to have a look round the Ridings. We went for a coffee and a toasted teacake each to begin with, which was lovely. Then Paul and Lianne joined us at the antiques centre in there which is a real treasure trove of things. We didn't know that they liked looking at antiques so that was nice to learn! 

Once we had looked round Wakefield enough we drove to Holmfirth. Paul and Lianne are both vegan and I know that Lick, a vegan ice cream shop, is there, and I knew they'd like it. We parked in the Co op and walked across the bridge and went into a bunch of shops. We looked in the vintage shop and all the charity shops and stuff. At about 3pm we went into Lick. I got chocolate and strawberry ice cream in a cone which was lovely. Lianne was really overcome by having so much choice! I knew they would like Holmfirth and I was glad to be right! 

Lianne was wearing sparkly Converse that are a bit like mine so I took photos and then Paul made me take a photo of his and Lee's Converse because they were both wearing all black ones. About 4pm we set off to Glossop to go to The Globe which is an all vegan pub. We drove over the moors which were absolutely stunning in the sunshine, so we stopped at a vantage point to look out and take some photos. 

The Globe gets really busy and you can't book which is why I wanted to get there early, but when we got there it was really empty! We got some drinks and sat and chatted though. Again Lianne just had too many choices as everything is vegan. She ordered some hot dogs and some chilli fries for us all to share to start with, and then I had a nacho burger and Lee had sauisages, chips and gravy. We were all so full afterwards!

We took Paul and Lianne back to Wakefield to their hotel and we were home by about 8.45. We were knackered so we went and got into bed and watched TV there. I had bought a jammy rock bun type of thing in Holmfirth so I ate that. I got five books in Holmfirth too which I was happy with. 

I was wearing one of my flamingo skirts and a new flamingo top that I got on Vinted. It's really cute all together! 


My latte and toasted teacake in Wakefield first thing


Crossing the bridge over the river in Holmfirth


Wasn't it so pretty?


Ice creams outside Licke


Here are Lianne and me in sparkly Converse, because we're sparkly girls


And here's the punks in black Converse because they are punks

To be fair Lee also has some mint green hi tops but he wasn't wearing them that day


Looking out at the moors 


Paul standing on a rock


And here's all four of us!


Starters. We couldn't tell much difference in the hot dogs, two of them were supposed to be spicy but we couldn't tell


Nacho burger


Lee's sausages and chips

The Globe is still pretty cheap, and delicious - I recommend it!


Double flamingo when we got home


Here's all the books I got. As you can see, I'm having a bit of a Val McDermid thing


And finally my jammy biscuit last thing

No comments:

Post a Comment