Friday, October 4, 2024

Lee's Pre-Birthday

On the 20th of August we went out for pudding and a couple of drinks with my mum and stepdad. The 21st was Lee's birthday but he and I had plans for that, so we agreed to go out with my mum and stepdad the night before. We took Lee's presents so he could open them then too. My mum had also gone in the afternoon to pick up a cake for Lee for me. It was from Violet Boo Bakery and it was SO nice, really chocolatey with tons of chocolate on top too. We gave it to Lee when he and I arrived at my mum's house and then sang happy birthday to him, which he hates but which we always do anyway. 

Then we went into Wakefield to go to Rassams Creamery for pudding. We had all had tea beforehand but Lee loves desserts so the Creamery was ideal. I went for mixed cookie dough and he went for waffles with a piece of chocolate fudge cake on. I couldn't eat all of mine but it was really delicious! I went to the creamery in June with my friend Helen and they have this incredibly irritating robot that plays 1000 Miles by Vanessa Carlton as it's wondering around... 

But anyway. We enjoyed the food. Then we parked on Wood Street and went into Damelio. There weren't tons of places open I guess because it was just a random Tuesday night, but this was a nice enough bar and I had two nice drinks. One was lemony with whiskey and tasted a bit like cough medicine, and the other one was called La Dolce Vita. 

We left about 10pm and took my mum and stepdad home before going home ourselves. Lee liked all his presents - a bunch of vinyl records and two t shirts and other stuff. I was wearing my watercolour dress which came from Asos forever ago and a green shrug that came from Joe Browns. I like how airy it is. I also had on my guava capri tights and my Dr Marten shoes that I got from Vinted a while ago. They rub a little bit but I knew I wouldn't be walking far so could wear them! It was a good outfit all in all. 


Lee's amazing chocolate cake 


Lee's waffle and cake


My cookie dough with lots and lots of chocolate sauce on top



My two yummy cocktails


My watercolour dress


And my tights and shoes before we went out

No comments:

Post a Comment