Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Lunch and Leeds with Sam and Lee

On the 17th of August I had plans to meet up with Sam in Leeds. We didn't want anything complicated so decided to go to Bundobust for lunch, then go to the Corn Exchange for a wander round, and then to Doh Hut for donuts before we went home. Lee decided to come to Leeds with me because he wanted to get out of the house - partly because Jasmine had just died - but he said he would go in all the record shops and get lunch by himself, before meeting up with us later. So we went to Leeds and we walked round to Bundobust as it wasn't open quite yet, and then I went in and waited for Sam while Lee went off. 

Sam and I shared a bunch of dishes and they were all delicious. We had naanchos, which are a current special, bhajis, pickled cucumbers, chaat, and a delicious paneer curry in a lovely tomato sauce. That came with rice too. I had a mojito type cocktail which was lovely. We had some more drinks - I had chai and a lychee cocktail which was delicious. I'm not sure what Sam had but she liked them too. 

We walked round to the Corn Exchange. I used to go a ton when I was a teenager and a bit alternative, and it's also where I had my first vanilla latte, can you believe?! But I haven't been in literally twenty years. I know it's been regenerated and stuff. It's got some fun shops in it. I bought some wax melts and some earrings in Sour Cherry - where I honestly could spend a fortune! Lee came and met us in there when he'd bought a bunch of records and had lunch. 

We then walked back to Doh Hut. Lee and I bought three to share, and just had the chocolate ganache one at that point. We saved the others until the day after. We said goodbye to Sam about 3pm and set off home. It was nice to see her though! I was wearing some new earrings that I got at the Makers Fair the week before; they're cute little shells with glitter on and I love them. I was also wearing my neon leopard print dress which I absolutely love, it's very fun. 


Mojito and Sam's lychee cocktail


All our dishes - they were all good choices


Chai. It was verging on too tea like for me, but I did like it enough. I probably wouldn't get it again though


Look how cute these earrings are! The maker is called Berry Cute Barnsley and she had tons of stuff I liked


Looking down in the Corn Exchange. There was some kind of Monopoly trail going on around the city and the jail was here with the iron


Donuts! They're nice enough to have every now and then


Here we are sitting outside the Doh Hut. It was warmer than it looks


Neon leopard print dress - it's so stretchy and comfortable


I was wearing my Pride Converse and black footless tights

No comments:

Post a Comment