Friday, January 25, 2013

Birthday Shopping in Manchester

As I said in my last post, I was in Manchester for my birthday. I hate having a January birthday because it's so close after Christmas and everyone is skint and fed up. So I usually try to do something a bit special for it, and I nearly always have a weekend for friends in January or February. This time it was Manchester!


As we left the hotel we walked into the city centre and went past a bunch of modern and old Co-operative buildings. I like this one a lot. 


This is the Printworks, taken from inside Next in the Arndale Centre. The Arndale Centre has had a big refurbishment and has some good shops, including a Simply Be and a Yours. I'm thinking there will be a rad fat outing there before long!


This is inside Selfridges, I love it. 


We had afternoon tea in Selfridges, I had these adorable little macarons. 


My mum and me standing on stepping stones on a stream type thing - can you see the silver spouts behind us? The water from those was like a little stream and my mum and I walked on the stones.

I'm wearing a printed dress from Yours that I got in the sale for £12, and black leggings, black boots, and my black hoodie. It was cold, what can I say! 

We left Manchester and went to my mum's where she cooked, by request of the birthday girl, beef stroganoff and lemon cheesecake. Lee eats neither so he had chicken stroganoff and chocolate cheesecake. Then I got to open birthday presents!


My BFF Sam bought me this Rancid bag off Etsy. I think it's made out of a t-shirt. I love Rancid, they're one of my favourite bands and I have a tattoo of one of their lyrics. 


Lee bought me a Pingu. 


And Sam bought me a hand-tooled leather journal, it's beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment