Monday, January 28, 2013

What I Wore January 23rd & Starting My MA

I have started an MA in Writing. In 2010 & 2011 I did a Diploma with the Open University but decided that I wanted my MA to be at a bricks-and-mortar university. I researched a lot and eventually settled on Sheffield Hallam, as the lecture structure fits into my life, it's easy to get to, and I liked the tutors. I didn't start in September, I was part of the January intake. I went on Wednesday 23rd January to enrol, and lectures start on the 30th! Eek!

As I was in Sheffield I asked Bettie and Jen and Lolly to meet me for lunch, so we went to the Winter Gardens for coffee and cake, and I also had a really spicy Mexican sandwich before I went just across the road to find my tutors and co-students. I got a bunch of information, talked to people about YA literature, had a tour of the library, got my access card, and got the train back home!

Here's what I wore:



I'm wearing a black with cream dots tea dress from Simply Be - I was encouraged to try it on in Doncaster by Rachel, she has the same dress in a different print. It is gorgeous. It's lightweight cotton, it doesn't stretch but it's cut on the bias so it has a bit of give. It has a V-neck, floaty sleeves, and a nice waistband. I love it, I think I'll be wearing it a lot!

I'm also wearing it with black leggings which are soon to be replaced as they're full of holes, and my black boots that I am SO sick of wearing because of the weather! They were a bargain from Peacocks last winter though. 

I'm standing in the Winter Gardens in front of some very beautiful trees! 

1 comment:

  1. Great hanging out and you looked lovely! The dress is so pretty! X

    ReplyDelete