Friday, October 16, 2020

Day Out in Cleethorpes

In the middle of September Lee and I went to Cleethorpes for the day. We had a free weekend and I wanted to go to the seaside, so we decided to go there as it's one of the closest seasides to us. We've been before - we went with friends and we went camping there with my mum and stepdad - but we hadn't been for ages. We set off nice and early and managed to park along the seafront, which is only £5 for the whole day, which is good. We then went straight to the crazy golf course.

We've played it before and it's a cute one. There was a big bottle of hand sanitiser and paper towel, so we wiped everything down again (I'm sure it had been done before). We set off playing but were behind two families and kids, meaning it took a bit longer. But it's fine, we had fun. Then we went to the hut next door and got a strawberry whipped ice cream each. 

We then went into some amusements. Again, there were hand sanitiser stations all over. We played a couple of machines but then decided to play bowling. There were hand sanitisers on each of the lanes, which was really good. We made sure to use it and to not touch our faces in between. We both did quite well at bowling, it's something I did a lot as a kid and find a lot of fun. 

After that it was lunchtime so we walked along and on to the pier. When we first went to Cleethorpes the pier was closed and the restaurant on it wasn't open. But now it is! It's a fish and chip restaurant but I had checked beforehand and knew they had vegetarian options. There was a bit of a queue for a table, but plenty of space to wait in the bar area, so we got drinks. We hadn't been there very long when a staff member said there was a table outside and would anyone like it. Yes! Yes I definitely wanted it! It was lovely sunshine outside and about twenty degrees, which was perfect. I couldn't understand why people DON'T want to sit outside.

We had a lovely view of the beach and the sea. Lee had fish and chips and bread, and I had battered halloumi and chips. It was really nice! I love battered halloumi. Plus it wasn't very expensive. 

After lunch we headed into a different amusement arcade. This one had one of the Pacman 2p machines, which are my absolute favourites. You put the 2p down, but you get chances to get an arcade game playing too, and more coins will be put in by the machine. You can actually make your money back, but what's the point in that? At one point I got 5 chains in the arcade game, meaning I got 112 coins put into the machine! It's ridiculous! It had to do it in three lots! I won loads back, and I played until there was nothing left. I'm not joking when I say I played for the best part of an hour for the £1.50's worth of 2ps I had got! Such a lot of fun. Then we played Mario Kart and I beat Lee, he wasn't happy. 

It was almost 3pm by this point and we considered going on the road train along the front, but weren't sure how long it would be, and we needed to get back for the kittens. We had already given them breakfast and lunch at the same time and knew they'd be needing tea soon. Kittens eat a lot! And often! It's one of many things we've found weird after having an older cat who was only fed twice a day for so long. So we got donuts fresh from the oil and drove down the seafront a bit before turning to go home.

It was a really lovely day and I'm glad we bothered to do it, it was lovely to spend the day together. We were careful to use the hand sanitiser and be careful generally, which is all I'm bothered about currently.




The sea was really far out when we arrived



Playing mini golf


Strawberry ice cream after!


Playing bowling. Lee beat me, which is unusual, I usually beat him!


Apparently this is true!


Lee took this of me and him sitting outside waiting for lunch


And I took this of him against the railing - pretty nice view for lunch!


Battered halloumi, chips, and mushy peas - gorgeous!



Playing the Pacman machine, look at my winnings!


Lee got blue slush on the way home


And I got some longed for donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment