Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Weekend with my Cousins

In the middle of September by cousin Rob and his wife Beth came to ours for the weekend. They wanted to come and meet the kittens so we arranged for them to come for the weekend. We arranged to meet at Yo Sushi in Meadowhall at 6.30ish on the Friday as they had to drive up from Leicester after work. Lee had been working during the day too, so we set off to Meadowhall when he'd finished. 

I haven't been in Meadowhall since lockdown, and I found it quite odd. Normally at that time on a Friday it would be really busy and buzzing, but it was practically empty. We walked through House of Fraser to go to Yo Sushi, which is just outside. I love Yo Sushi and have missed going for six months, I often go with my friend Sarah.

It's quite weird now. There's no food on the conveyor belt anymore. You had to use a QR code which took you to the Yo website to order food. They have a set menu which everyone else went for, but I wanted other stuff so ordered off the main menu. We had had to wait for a bit so the server told us we would get our first drinks free, so I went for a glass of rose wine. We all ordered and then didn't have to wait very long before food started to arrive. The conveyor brings it! Every table has a strip of lights on it, which are usually red. Then when food is on its way to you, the lights go amber. When food stops in front of you and the lights are green, it's your food! It's quite fun, it was a bit novel. I had all my vegetarian and vegan favourites, which was really yummy. 

Afterwards we went home and Rob and Beth met the kittens, who were of course happy to have new people to play with. 

On Saturday we chilled out in the morning and had lunch at home, then went into Barnsley to go bowling. There's an alley at the leisure centre, but in sixteen years of living in Barnsley I've never been. There are eight lanes but currently every other one is closed to allow for social distancing. We had to book ahead, so I'd booked two games. It wasn't very busy at all, and we had a lot of fun. I'm quite good at bowling, and I won the second game which I was pleased about!

Beth wanted to pop into Primark so we headed to the shopping centre after bowling. Lee and I went into TKMaxx which was really nearly empty. I got a couple of things including some reusable straws which I've been wanting for a while. 

We went home after that. We had got stuff to make a fake chicken, leek, and mushroom pie, plus roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and vegetables for tea. Plus I wanted to make an apple crumble for pudding, so I had got some stewed apples off my mum and put it together. It was SO GOOD! Sticky and sweet and crumbly, just yummy with Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream! 

After tea we watched The History Boys together, which I've been wanting Rob to watch but he hadn't seen it yet. While we did that, I brought down all my jewellery supplies because I wanted to make a bracelet for my friend Jacqui. It was her 40th birthday and I was seeing her a couple of days later. I'd bought a few new bits but also used loads of bits from my stash. I am really pleased with the results. I love that the bracelet isn't symmetrical and I really like the colours. I hope Jacqui loves it too! Beth also made some bits for herself and Rob. 

On Sunday morning we chilled out for a bit longer playing Mario Kart before we all left the house. Rob and Beth were going home, and Lee and I had to go to Tesco to get stuff I needed for my plans for Jacqui's birthday! I'll post about that in my next post, though.


Kittens on Friday night being stroked. Also, our entire house is cat toys now


Poppy snuggling with Beth on Saturday morning


And then Jasmine having a cuddle too


Bowling!


Rob and Beth


Lee playing his turn


Me and Lee


Pie and all the trimmings - absolutely gorgeous!


While we were eating Poppy was asleep behind this cushion


It doesn't look amazing but my apple crumble tasted so good!



Jacqui's bracelet! Her birthstone is sapphire so I bought the sapphire teardrop pendant and the little sapphire beads. She likes purple so I bought the purple and bronze beads. My aunt sent me some of the silver beads. Otherwise I used what I have - I have a lot of supplies and could make a lot of jewellery if I tried hard! I'm really thrilled with how it looks and I hope Jacqui will love it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment