Saturday, October 10, 2020

What I Wore 5th September

On Saturday 5th September Lee and I headed to Asda in Barnsley in the morning. I'd been wanting to buy some new bedding that I'd seen a friend buy, so thought we could do that and get some bits at the same time. When we got there though, they didn't have the bedding I wanted. But we got some groceries and I had a nice mooch around a big supermarket, which I've not done in absolutely forever. It wasn't that busy - Asda on a Saturday morning used to be absolutely hell on earth but there really weren't that many people around. 

Anyway, here's what I wore. I pulled out this black dress that I got from Evans at a time I don't even remember as I haven't bought from them in years. I love the polka dotted pattern, which is one of my favourites. And I really like the fake wrap look! On the top there is a gap between the two bits of fabric, but there's a stitch which stops the wrap from opening so that's good. On the bottom the skirt goes all the way around and then there's the front flap which makes it look like a wrap. It's an easy and comfortable dress to throw on. 

Then, my shoes! I usually buy a pair of black leather slip on shoes that I can chuck on any time I need to go out of the house, or when I know I'll have to take my shoes off (like when I'm going to the gym). They have to be leather, they have to be comfortable, they have to be slip on so I can do them without hurting myself, and they're better if they're black as that goes with anything. I've had this one pair for a couple of years now and they're in need of going in the bin. They're looking really shabby. I bought them from Pavers so they were about £35 and I think I've had my money's worth out of them. In March, before lockdown, I thought, oh I should really go to Skopos Mill in Batley and buy some more shoes from the Pavers outlet there. Then of course lockdown happened and I couldn't do that. So I've had this old pair for longer than normal and I'm so ready to bin them.

So then I remembered that I have a pair of Dr Marten shoes, in a t-bar style. I bought them absolutely years ago off eBay I think, and I have worn them a few times, but never enough to properly wear them in. If you've ever had Dr Martens you'll know that they can often rub for a while until you soften them up - that's happened with all the boots I've had and I've had plenty of blisters to prove it! But I thought that I could slip these on, by not undoing the buckle and just shoving my feet in. So today I did that. I can do it, but it is a bit tough. I'm hoping that will get easier as they soften. They do fit, but are slightly tight across the top of my foot, so I might wear some socks with them and try to stretch them a bit. I wore them round Asda and they didn't hurt, so I have high hopes that I can wear them in and use them as my every day shoes. That's good because a) it means I don't have to spend any money right now (my income has gone down as a result of the pandemic and there being les work for me to do) and b) they're Dr Martens and therefore badass and c) they're cute!


Black T-bar Dr Marten shoes


Really old Evans mock wrap dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment