Monday, October 26, 2020

My Current Shower Products

I've changed some of my products in the shower recently so I thought I'd write a post about them. I know I'm not a beauty blogger, but I don't see why I can't write a post about some of my favourites! 

I never have baths unless I'm somewhere where the bath is nice and big, like a hotel. Our bathroom is tiny - around six feet by 4 feet, ish - so our bath is also tiny. We used to have a full size bath but when we had our bathroom redone nine years ago we turned it around so we have a tiny bath under the window with a shower above it. This is better for the sink and toilet, but it's not ideal for the bath. Lee likes it, though, he always has baths. He's pretty small-framed so that helps. I don't mind only having showers, but I do struggle sometimes to get in and out of the bath. I would love to have a house with a separate bath and shower, that's the dream for me! A couple of years ago Lee put up a grab rail for me which does help, but it's still not ideal. 

Our shower is really good, with a good pressure. The screen is a bit knackered and so are the taps, so sometime soon I would like to replace those. But we've been decorating the attic this year instead, which I'll hope to show you soon when it's all finished. 

So I'll start with my hair! I have thin wavy hair that can get very greasy if I'm not careful. I started using the L'Oreal thickening shampoo a couple of years ago. I like it, I think it does make my hair look thicker and it seems to clean all the rubbish out of my hair really well. Lee tends to pick this up in the supermarket for me. 

I had been using the matching conditioner for months, but over the past few months my hair has just felt so gross. It has felt limp and lifeless and sticky and full of static. I don't know if they changed the formula or what, but my hair did not like it. I tried a different L'Oreal conditioner that was cheap, but that didn't help. I bought some of the banana conditioner from The Body Shop as my friend Stacey is doing Body Shop At Home now, and although I love the scent it didn't help my hair to feel any softer or more manageable. So I went back to Aussie conditioner. I used to use it years ago, and the scent took me right back to being at uni! 

And my hair LOVES it! I leave it on my hair while I'm washing my body, so it probably does stay on around 3 minutes. I rinse it off and then squeeze a lot of water out of my hair before stepping out of the shower. I then wrap it in a towel and leave it there while I get dried. So by the time I brush my hair it is often mostly dry, and I've found that some hair products mean it is impossible to get through. But this conditioner isn't - my hair brushes through easily and feels very soft and silky. That feeling lasts until I wash it again, which is my main wish. 

Lee bought this bottle in the supermarket but it was quite expensive and it isn't huge. I had a look in TKMaxx but they didn't have that particular bottle, even though they had lots of other Aussie products. I imagine somewhere like Body Care or Savers might have it, but I haven't been to one of those in forever. Does anyone have any intel on where to buy this cheaply? 

So, moving on to the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser. I'll be honest, I do very little with my face. I use this every couple of days, but otherwise I do very little to my face. I'm lucky, I've always had clear skin, even as a teenager. I do have an oily t-zone, and I often feel like my face is greasy, so a couple of years ago I asked my friend Stacey for recommendations on what to use. She mentioned this cleanser, which you buy with a couple of muslin cloths, and my mum bought it for me for my birthday last year. One tube lasted me months, and then I think this is my third one in nearly two years, so that's good. The muslin cloths you use to rinse the cleanser off your skin, which is really good. The cleanser itself smells so good, like a spa! I've misplaced the muslin cloths so I've been using a facecloth instead, which is a bit rougher but which still works. 

I posted this photo on Instagram and someone commented to say that Superdrug do a dupe of this cleanser for £7! That's really good! I actually bought mine off eBay for about £10, which seemed like a good price, but I'd be interested in trying the Superdrug one. 

Lastly there's my shower gel. I'm a big fan of shower gel in general. My absolute fave is Lush's Snow Fairy, which I like to get at Christmas and run out of in around September and wait until Christmas for some more! I also really like citrus scents. I bought satsuma from The Body Shop recently and then I had the chance to try this, from Lush's subscription box. It's called Slammer and I don't know if it's new or what. It's SO citrussy, I love it. It smells of lemons and lime and it froths up really nicely on the shower puff I use. I would definitely buy this if Lush bring it out into stores. My only complaint is that it comes out of the bottle too quickly so I'm using more than I would like to! 

What hair and shower products are you using currently? Any I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment