Sunday, November 15, 2020

Holiday in Warwickshire - Day 4

On the Tuesday of our holiday we went to Hatton Country Park which was only a few miles away from where we were staying. My friend SB lives in Coventry so I'd asked them where was good to go and they'd suggested the park as it has a GUINEA PIG VILLAGE. This had enticed me straight away, so we booked tickets. I think it was about £13 each? Lee did it online on the Sunday of our holiday. We had to choose a time so we went for 11.

You walk through a little shopping village on the way to the animals, so we decided to go into some shops on the way back, and get some lunch. We went into a gin place and I bought some Christmas presents, which was nice. 

There was a ton of stuff to do in the park, so I would recommend it for families with kids but also for people like us, as we had a lot of fun for the money too. We bought some of the animal food and fed the goats and sheep and pigs in the first barn. The second area has the GUINEA PIGS. The female pigs' bit has a ramp where piggies can walk up and get to fresh food, so we watched one cutie doing that in there for a bit. Then it was GUINEA PIG feeding time. A staff member came across with fresh cabbage leaves for the piggies. She took some of the female pigs out of their pen and let a few children who were around hold them. And Lee held one too! She was a cutie, she ate some cabbage leaf out of my hands. We were there ages. The staff member then gave us some cabbage leaf to feed to the boy pigs. We sat on the edge of their pen (it was like a low wall) and fed them, that was also very cute. We were both certain that the GUINEA PIGS were worth the price of admission alone. 

The next little bit had reptiles and snakes. Some of them I like but I'm a bit scared of snakes and definitely of spiders so I didn't look at them. Then the same member of staff came and let us (I say us, but it's Lee really) hold a bearded dragon. That was pretty cool although it was weird to touch! 

Outside we looked at the horses and donkeys and goats and fed them too. The shire horse was absolutely gorgeous, I really liked him. There was also a falconry centre but we didn't want to stick around so we went to the cafe for some lunch. 

The cafe was empty apart from us and two other people, so we went in and got lunch. It was given to us in a cardboard box and cardboard cups, all recyclable but one use items. I kind of get that because of the pandemic, but it does still feel quite wasteful. We got cake so I chose rainbow cake - it was moist and so delicious. The slice was huge so I took it with me to eat later. 

We went back to the cottage and, you guessed it, went swimming! It was honestly so lovely to have the pool to ourselves, we used it six days out of seven and I just loved it. 

That evening we got a curry takeaway from a village a few miles away. It had good ratings and most importantly it had good vegetarian choices. I chose a vegetarian thali, which is a bunch of little bits of different dishes and in restaurants is served in little metal pots all on a big tray. Mine came in all little containers and there was so much that there was easily enough for me to have leftovers the day after. I had chickpea and paneer curry, a mushroom curry, rice, a samosa, an onion bhaji, and I'm sure some other bits I've forgotten about. Lee's curry was nice too, I think he had chicken passanda. As I'm sure I've said before, he most often eats vegetarian at home with me, so he likes chicken sometime for a treat! 


Fried egg and veggie bacon sandwiches for breakfast


The chickens were flying all over between all the different pens which was pretty cute


Goats, so cute


Rabbits



These deer were really new so you couldn't get too close. They'd been rescued


Chickens


GUINEA PIGS




Look at the little piggy coming to eat her veggies!


Lee held this one



Me feeding some of the boys


So, so cute



Look at the horse


He was so beautiful and his back stood higher than the top of my head!


We fed him



Social distancing on the farm


Cheese toastie 


And rainbow cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment