Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Day in Town 22nd May

Lee and I had a nice day out in the middle of May. We were woken up early by the postman, but we lounged for a bit and then headed to the post office and the Tesco in Penistone. I stayed in the car while Lee went in, reading my book, which was actually nice. I was reading the newest Vera Stanhope book by Ann Cleeves; I haven't read too many of them but I really like the TV show. 

We went home for lunch as we had leftover takeaway pizza to eat. The day before had been Lee's last day in his old job and his adrenaline had all gone so we'd ordered pizza. I'm so glad he's left the job - it used to be great but then it was bought out and it was a case of too many managers with none of them listening to the developers on how to do things. Six developers ended up leaving within six months! I hope they end up looking at why that's happened.

Lee's new job is fully remote and he'll be working with two people he's already worked with, so that will be good. It seems like a great opportunity and I hope it works out! I also had some good news as I've been accepted on to the Trustee board of a charity in West Yorkshire. I'm really excited about it!

Anyway, after we'd eaten pizza we headed into town because Lee had his first Covid jab, in Superdrug of all places. We tried to get coffee first, but the place we wanted to go had no low seats inside and I find it impossible to sit in high seats. Such an accessibility fail! I sat in the precinct reading my book while Lee waited (they were running behind), finally had his jab, and then had to wait ten minutes to make sure he felt okay. It was spitting a bit but thankfully I didn't get wet. 

We then went into the Alhambra centre and went into a couple of shops. I got a new dress in Yours which I'll try to wear soon to show you. We got a drink in the bottom, and I had an ice cream while Lee went for an ice cream sundae. It looked nice, and he gave me one of the Flakes from it. 

We went home after coffee, but I'm glad we went into town and spent some money there. Post Covid that's what our town centres will need! 

We both had a nap when we got home, Lee was feeling a bit rough after his vaccination and I was just tired. I'm way better than I was but still needing to take it a bit easy. Then we made veggie mince bolognese baked into big shells - it was absolutely delicious. The bolognese was rich and tomatoey and delicious - we'll have to do it again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment