Wednesday, June 30, 2021

My Mum's Birthday at the End of May

It was my mum's birthday at the end of May, and not only that, it was the day she retired from work! She's been working since she was 14, except for a gap where I was born and when she then had breast cancer and was on sick leave when I was a toddler. She's just turned 63, so I think she deserves to retire by now! She was thoroughly spoilt by colleagues and clients and the house looked like a florist with all the flowers she got! 

She wanted to go out with us for tapas for her birthday, so she booked a table at Jose's in Wakefield. It's a family owned restaurant and that really shows - it's homey and the cooking is so fresh and the staff are all amazing - you could imagine you're on the Costa Brava eating tapas if it wasn't for the weather! I've been before but no one else had. We ordered loads of dishes, and they come as and when they're ready. Which I do understand but it did mean poor Lee only had potatoes for quite a large part of the meal! I had some delicious dishes, shared with my mum. The best one was the garlic mushrooms. We had leftovers but the staff quickly packed them into boxes for us to take home, which was great.

I had chocolate mousse for dessert which was light but also rich - really yummy. My stepdad had a pina colada dessert with caramelised pineapple and served with a shot of Cointreau - he really liked it. We all really liked the food and had enjoyed ourselves. We were there nearly four hours, which goes to show what kind of family restaurant it is! 

I wore this blue and pink chiffon dress from Yours, which I've had for ages but don't wear that often. I love it, though, it's so floaty and I love the hanky hem on it. I wore it with a pink cardigan from Simply Be that I've also had forever. I even put make up on! It was a lovely evening out to celebrate my mum 


My face on the way - I hadn't put much make up on but I do love this lipstick


Chocolate mousse


My dress - this photo was after I had drunk a lot of wine so do excuse my face!


I wore this necklace which I love, I got it at a clothes swap and it originally belonged to Lolly!

No comments:

Post a Comment