Friday, June 11, 2021

What I Wore 16th May

I woke up early on the 16th of May feeling in need of a bit of adventure. I suggested to Lee that we went to Fred Aldous in Sheffield. I've been to the one in Manchester before, and I knew they had opened one in Sheffield, but hadn't yet been. So we set off and got there just after eleven. We had a poke around - they don't yet have a photobooth but apparently they're getting one. I bought some Mod Podge and two packets of envelopes, so not much, but a couple of bits. 

There's a cafe next door called Chakra Lounge - they have one in Buxton too apparently. They serve Indian street food including breakfast and including plenty of vegetarian and vegan options. It smelt amazing so we went in to order food to take away. I got samosa chaat and a tofu curry, and Lee got punjabi chicken curry and naan bread. We drove to a park to eat it, but it had started raining horribly, so we just started in the car. I couldn't eat all of mine - I brought half of each home to eat later. But I did have enough room for an ice cream so Lee dashed through the rain to the ice cream van. 

We headed home after ice cream, and did some house cleaning stuff when we got back, but it had been a nice morning out with some unexpected good food. I was wearing this old Scarlett & Jo dress which I haven't worn for a while but which is easy to pop on. I like the navy blue colour, but I have a very similar dress in green polka dot too. I was watching the Wedding Dress Shop on the BBC recently and one of the bridesmaids coming in to the shop was wearing a green one! I was like, I know that dress! 


Fred Aldous is on Fitzalan Square which has been redeveloped recently. I hope more things open up there


Chaat with hot samosas underneath


Tofu curry


Ice cream in the car. The sun kept coming out but the rain was apocalyptic too - has the weather been like that for you, too?


Here's the navy polka dotted Scarlett & Jo dress


And here's what I bought from Fred Aldous. The Mod Podges have different uses

No comments:

Post a Comment