Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Trip to Derbyshire - Day 1

My friend Lucinda and I went away for three nights after we had seen the Libertines together. We haven't seen each other much since the pandemic, for obvious reasons, and we've never spent a few nights away together, so I was happy she agreed. I booked an Airbnb in Tideswell, Derbyshire, which was basically fine but kind of lacking a bit. No matter! Tideswell also ended up to be much smaller than I thought it was going to be. 

We set off around noon from mine. Lee was going to a festival in York - he was playing with his band and his friend and brother were coming down from the north east to watch him - so we said goodbye and Lucinda and I headed to Tesco in Penistone to buy supplies. Then we went to Heathersage because I had got us tickets to go swimming in the lido! We had lunch in the cafe first - I had a really nice halloumi burger and chips. We got changed and went swimming. It wasn't exactly hot but it was warm enough and really lovely. We didn't stay the full session, but it was so worth it - and really soothed my aching joints.

We went to Tideswell and got into the cottage. It was very cute and small. I did some cross stitch and Lucinda may have done some crochet. We ended up watching some stuff on Ch4 as part of their Pride celebration, which included a really interesting documentary about the history of Pride. Lucinda cooked some amazing peanut and broccoli noodles, they were so good! 



We made a cat friend outside of the lido (the cafe is kind of under it, the water is behind this wall here)


Lucinda had a goats cheese pizza which she enjoyed


The lido! I recommend it if you can get a ticket


And the noodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment