Friday, September 30, 2022

Lunch Out with Philippa and What I Wore 20th July

I went out on the 20th of July to meet my friend Philippa for lunch. She chose to go to Aesthete in Walkley, which I haven't been to before and which does a ton of brunch items. As a vegetarian there was a ton to choose from, but I went for avocado whip on sourdough with halloumi and poached eggs. I also had some sauteed potatoes. It was absolutely gorgeous, I would recommend! 

Pippa had sat outside but then some roadworks started up so we moved to the shed just behind the outside bit. We got a piece of cake each. I went for Black Forest gateau which was really nice. We sat chatting for ages so it was late when I set off home and I ended up stuck in traffic on the way out of Sheffield. This always happens but I never learn! Maybe next time... 

As for what I was wearing - I got this Be Gay Solve Crimes t-shirt from Robin Stevens' teemill. The t-shirt is a reference to her Murder Most Unladylike series (see my reviews here) and I wanted one, but teemill only do up to a 2xl. Robin and I had a conversation about how rubbish this was (although obviously not at all her fault) but I took a chance and bought it anyway. Half of the cost is going to a charity for trans people which I was happy to support. Anyway it arrived and I'm pleased to say the 2xl fits me! It's maybe slightly tight on my hips and the arms, but not so that it looks terrible, and tucked into a skirt it was basically fine. I love it! I've worn it a few times since. 


Please excuse my hair as I hadn't yet brushed it when Lee took this photo


Delicious brunch lunch 


And lovely cake for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment