Sunday, September 4, 2022

Camping Reunion in Manchester

You may remember that my friend Amy has, for a lot of years, organised a camping trip for a bunch of people. I've been three times - in 2013. 2014, and 2016. In 2019 Amy had just had baby Daisy, so she hired some cottages for everyone, although Lee and I camped nearby and just joined everyone during the day at the cottages. Covid of course meant no camping could happen, and Amy had another baby, Robyn, last year, and doesn't yet want to take the girls camping. But she wanted to get together, so she hired a room next to a cafe in a park in Manchester for us to get together.

Lee and I weren't sure if we could go, because the night before I was supposed to be seeing Alanis Morissette, also in Manchester, and didn't want to drive over twice in two days, especially not with fuel prices being what they are. But then Alanis got rescheduled for five days later, as she had had a bad throat, so we decided to go along. I'm glad we did, I had a lot of fun. I talked to some of Amy's friends that I haven't seen since 2019, and our mutual friend Gillian was there with her husband and kids so it was fun to see them. 

On our way back from Manchester we went to Glossop to go to The Globe for tea. It's a totally vegan pub and does the best junk food at really cheap prices. We haven't been since before the pandemic and were expecting it to be busy, but it really wasn't. 5pm on a Sunday seems like an ideal time to go! I had a vegan cheeseburger with fries and Lee had sausage, chips and gravy. All so good and all vegan! We both had hot chocolate fudge cake and ice cream for pudding. 

I was wearing this blush pink Yours dress that I had only just taken the tags off. I have had it a while though. I love the shirring and the off the shoulder look - I think this is a good look on me. This is obvious because I have at least four dresses like this, haha. I had my bright blue Snag Tights underneath, you can just spy them under the photo. 


Kids playing


Some of the attendees


Cheeseburger and chips


Lee was happy with his too 


Such nice chocolate cake


And finally, my lovely pink dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment