Tuesday, February 7, 2023

27th and 28th December 2022

We had booked the cottage in Somerset until the 28th, so my mum and stepdad were definitely staying that long, but Lee and I had planned to come home on the 27th. However, we were having such a nice time that we decided to stay one more day. We knew that the cattery would be able to keep the cats another day, so we thought we would extend our stay. It ended up working out really well! On the Tuesday morning we went to Watchet with my mum and stepdad. It's a really cute seaside village really near to Minehead, I went before when I went with my mum and stepdad to Somerset. 

We walked round the front for a bit and went in the gift shop. Norman bought both me and my mum a stuffed hippo - my mum had been singing "I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas" for weeks since I had shared it on Facebook, and she had tried to find a small hippo to buy me, but couldn't. But the gift shop had stuffed ones so we each got one! It's a nice souvenir of the holiday! Ours lives on the couch now. Lee took most of the first photos of Watchet because I had my gloves on and didn't want to remove them to take photos!

We tried two different places to get lunch before going to the Star Inn which had decent vegetarian choices. I had more mulled wine (it was a very mulled wine filled Christmas!) and vegetarian lasagne with chips. So good! 

After lunch we said goodbye to each other as my mum and stepdad were going to his mum's again and we didn't want to. Instead Lee and I went back to Minehead and played in the amusement arcades again. Then we got fresh donuts and ice cream from the only place open on the front! They were so good! We chose different sauces and sprinkles, I went for raspberry sauce and rainbow sprinkles. It was so delicious! 

Then Lee and I went back to the cottage and put our pyjamas on to relax for the rest of the afternoon. We both needed it and it was really lovely. We watched a film and I fell asleep! My mum and stepdad got back about 7pm and we had tea together before packing things up ready to come home. On the Wednesday, that's all we did, we set off around 9.20am and finally got home around 4pm due to a stupid diversion around Lichfield. It was such a nice trip away though!

I was still working my way through the Snag mystery bags of tights that I'd bought, so I wore this pair which are SO lovely. They're grey with pink and pale yellow hearts on them and I love them! I wore them with my new-to-me Dr Martens, obviously. 


Watchet harbour


This cute Christmas display was in a shop window


This is where the river meets the sea in Watchet. My mum and stepdad have stayed in that cottage on the left


More of the harbour


The Rime of the Ancient Mariner



I took this one of the coastguard


Veggie lasagne and chips, I swear there was pasta under there somewhere


2p winnings


This is looking across the bay in Minehead towards where we were staying


Our cottages are right in the middle of this photo


Lee with his donuts and ice cream


And mine! I could eat it again right now!


Tights and boots!


And a better photo of the colour that I had taken earlier in the day


View out of the front window 


My hippo


And my mum with hers!

No comments:

Post a Comment