Friday, February 10, 2023

New Year's Eve 2022

Lee and I did have plans to see our friends Bettie and Jen on New Year's Eve but unfortunately Jen got Covid so they couldn't come. We were at a bit of a loss but then my mum invited us to go with her and my stepdad for Chinese food near their house and then back to theirs. We decided to do that, it was nice.

Vegetarian Chinese food is never very exciting to me (needs more spice like Thai or Vietnamese) but I had curry samosas to start with and then satay vegetables, they were both okay. Everyone else enjoyed their meals though which was the main thing. The restaurant was quite full which was nice, there was a bit of atmosphere. 

We got back to my mum's and played Trivial Pursuit for a bit before we watched the New Year's stuff on the TV. I can't believe we're here in 2023! 

I wore this blue velvet skater dress from Simply Be, I don't wear it very often because it's such a celebration dress to me. It was lovely for New Year's Eve though. I took this photo of Lee and I in the restaurant while we were waiting for my mum. 


Blue skater dress and my constellation tights I think


Lee and I in the Chinese restaurant, I was wearing a new necklace that my stepcousin bought me, it's made of seaglass and came from Plymouth!


Curried samosa triangles


And satay vegetables finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment