Friday, February 17, 2023

Bev's 60th in Durham

The 7th of January was Lee's mam Bev's 60th birthday! She wanted a meal at a pub near where they live, so they had booked it and we had all ordered our food beforehand. My mum and stepdad were invited but my stepdad wasn't too well so my mum came with us. We set off around 11am and first of all went to Lee's dad's house for a bit. He and Lee's stepmam were about to go to Tenerife for a week, they're retired now so we can't blame them! 

We went to Lee's mam's house for about 2.30pm. Bev had already got some lovely presents so she was showing them to us. We had all clubbed together to buy her a Pandora bracelet she wanted and her cake and balloons but she got those later. Not long after us our friends Paul and Lianne arrived - they usually come to family get togethers before Christmas but didn't last year, so Bev invited them to her birthday instead. Lee's brother Andrew arrived not too long after them and all of us chatted for a bit. Oh, I also metg Lee's cousin's littlest girl who gave me a big cuddle, she's absolutely adorable.

We set off to the pub about 6.30pm. Lee says I've been there before but I don't remember it. We sat with Paul, Lianne, my mum, Lee's brothers Andrew and Daniel and Andrew's fiancee Libby who I really like. There were about forty people though altogether. 

I had roasted vegetables and feta on flatbread to start with, and then a halloumi burger. The portions were huge - I ate some of my mum's potato skins to start with cos there was loads! I had ordered a dessert but couldn't eat it as I was so full! It was a really lovely party and I hope Bev enjoyed it. We got home safely in the early hours! 



Bev's lovely cake


Lianne and I, lipstick game was strong at this point


Me and Lee


Paul and my mum - yes my mum has that same dress that I do


My mum and Libby


Bev and all five of her kids, I insisted we took this photo!


Flatbread and feta and vegetables to start with


Then a halloumi burger. I ended up just eating the halloumi burger and not all of the bread


Our niece Leah brought the cake in


Lee and his uncle Michael


Bev and her cake - Lee's sister took this photo


And she took this one of our table - dunno where Lee's gone off to though!

No comments:

Post a Comment