Monday, February 20, 2023

Clothes Swap in Leeds!

On the 14th of January I organised a clothes swap in Leeds. You know we've done these before - I've done some in Leeds and Sheffield, but in 2019 other people were doing them in Leeds, so I hadn't, and then of course the pandemic happened, so I asked around and there was definite interest in having one in early 2023 so I took charge. I booked the main room at the Cardigan Centre which is where the last one I went to was in 2019. I hoped people would want to come, and I wasn't disappointed!

I arrived with Lee and Lolly was already there with Gabby and Chloe, so we put out a load of tables and put out some notices. We had hand gel and masks if people wanted them, and we had tea and coffee and cakes. Chloe had brought her badge maker and people genuinely liked making badges I think. Loads of people turned up at 12 or very soon afterwards, far more people than I had expected. I sat on the welcome table for a while but left Lee to it too. 

Around 2pm it seemed like it was winding down and I wondered if we'd made the wrong decision by saying we would stay open til 3pm. But then a ton more people turned up! There was a second wave! It was great. We packed up at 3pm - well, I didn't, because I had been in hospital earlier in the week and was still in a bit of pain so needed to just sit down. I'm very grateful to Lolly and Gabby who did most of the tidying up, and Lee of course because he was very helpful.

We left around 3.30 and Lee, Lolly and I went to Bundobust for something to eat. As I'd been ill, I wanted something I would really enjoy so although it was a bit of a faff it was so worth it. We managed to get a table. I ordered chaat, which I LOVE, paneer tikka, and aloo gobi paratha, which was absolutely lovely. I also had a mango lassi. Lolly and Lee both really enjoyed what they had ordered too - Lolly had never been before but really enjoyed it. It is all vegetarian food and a lot of it is vegan, which is very exciting to me as a vegetarian. I'm so glad we bothered to go. 

Afterwards Lolly went off for her train and Lee and I popped into Hotel Chocolat. Our friends Leanne and Adi bought us a huge box from there for Christmas, and I was impressed with them as I had thought they'd gone a bit downhill when I'd last had stuff for them. So I wanted to look again and I'm glad I did - there were some sale bargains that we got, and I bought myself some of the selector packets and I bought Lee some orange batons too. 

I was wearing my 'We are the weirdos, mister' t-shirt which I bought in Afflecks Palace back in October last year, and my Scarlett and Jo skirt which started off life as a dress. I like it because it has pockets! Perfect for a swap where I was walking around a lot. 


Lolly and me - we were trying to smile with our eyes


Chloe and me 


Swap in full swing! I saw some people I haven't seen in forever, which was so lovely


Chloe's badge making stuff


Mango lassi in Bundobust


And my truly delicious food. I didn't eat it all so brought it home


And finally my outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment