Friday, February 3, 2023

Boxing Day 2022

Boxing Day was another relaxed day for us in Somerset. We had breakfast and then my stepdad's sister and her husband brought his mum and brother to our cottage for all of us to spend the day together. They arrived about 11.30 and we chatted and stuff. Lee and my mum and I made Christmas dinner again with leftovers from the day before, plus I made cauliflower cheese. We ate at around 1.30pm; Lee and I sat on the floor in the living room using the coffee table as a table because there were only 6 seats around the table. We didn't mind but it was quite funny! 

We played some games in the afternoon. I was wearing this velvet and paisley dress from Simple Be, I wore it on Christmas Day in 2021 and had forgotten about it until I was going through my wardrobe and remembered it. Donna and Craig left about 5pm and Lee and I went out for a bit to look at the sea, even though it was dark. We could see Wales across the bay. I managed to take a couple of photos of the stars. It wasn't freezing and it was nice to be out in the fresh air!

One of the amusement arcades we had been in on Christmas Eve was open, so we went in there. I'm quite sure I was the fanciest dressed person in there! We didn't stay very long but it was fun. When we got back Lee again took my stepdad's mum and brother home with my stepdad. My mum and I got bits out for tea while they were gone. We ate when they got back and then played games again in the evening. It was a bit different to most Boxing Days but lovely all the same!


 

Lee bought me this bracelet from a craft fair in Silkstone in November, I think it's lepidolite


Navy velvet and paisley dress, it is such a nice dress


Christma dinner take two


Stars around 6pm


The lights in the distance are Wales


And here we are in the amusement arcade - we weren't the only ones there although it obviously wasn't busy

No comments:

Post a Comment