Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Day Trip to Leeds

The day after Lee and I got back from the Lake District we decided to go to Leeds for the day. As I think I said previously, we had talked about extending the holiday but couldn't find anything cheap enough, so we didn't. But Lee had already booked the day off, so we chatted about it and decided we would go to Leeds for the day, have some lunch and go in a few shops and have a good day together as if we were being tourists still! Lee suggested Leeds and I was fine with that.

I slept in so we didn't set off until gone eleven. We parked in Trinity car park and walked into Trinity and decided to have lunch in the Kitchen there. It's good for us because it meant we could have different things. Lee went for a chicken tikka naanwich and I had a vegan kebab which was SO good. On our way out we went in the photobooth that is in the kitchen and took some photos, I love them so much! 

We walked through Trinity a bit and then outside to Waterstones, and Lee went to Crash Records while I sat on a bench in the sunshine. We went in a few shops and then went to an Italian restaurant for pudding and a drink. It was nice but the service was rubbish (for one, we had to ask for water three times). They brought Lee's ice cream like ten minutes before my pudding so he had to eat it as it was melting rapidly; I wish they had brought them together. I had tiramisu though and it was nice. I also had a negroni sbagliato, which was delicious! 

Lee and I had bought matching haemetite rings in Ambleside and we were both wearing them that day. They're cute, they weren't expensive at all. I am slowly getting Lee into wearing more jewellery! After pudding we came home before we got stuck in rush hour traffic, and relaxed for the rest of the day. I'm glad we bothered to make something of the day, though! 


My view from Trinity Kitchen at lunch time


My vegan kebab, I would really recommend the food truck it came from


The photobooth 


Here's our photos, aren't they cute? 


Walking through Trinity


Matching rings


It's not often you can sit outside in the UK so I was happy to enjoy it while I could


My negroni sbagliato - it was supposedly a 'mistake' by a bartender but if it's wrong I don't want to be right!


And finally my tiramisu

No comments:

Post a Comment