Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Holiday in the Lake District - Day 5

On the Monday of our holiday we went first of all to Kendal. It was about an hour's drive from where we were staying but it was a really beautiful drive past Hellvellyn and stuff, so we didn't complain. Plus I had got some of my friends to contribute towards a playlist for us (really easy on Spotify) and it was really fun seeing what kinds of nonsense they had filled it with! 

I wanted to go to Kendal because I wanted to go to the Cool Crafting shop which is there. You might remember that I made Luna Lapin in lockdown, well she and all her friends come from this shop and I wanted to see! I had some money to spend too. The shop did not disappoint! The front of the shop is taken up with fabric, and one entire wall is Luna and her friends. Then the back room is made up of yarn and books, it's amazing. I got two kits, one to make Luna and dress and one to make her an anorak, and some felt scraps. I'm really glad we bothered to go!

We wandered round a bit more of the town (city?) centre and went in a couple of shops. We then went into the Booths cafe and got sandwiches for lunch. We drove to Windermere and parked near the Beatrix Potter exhibition. We had talked about going last time we were in Windermere, but didn't, so decided to this time. It's good, and we liked it, but I wouldn't need to go again. It did remind me that I have a beautiful edition of all Beatrix Potter's stories, so I read that when we got home and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

After that we went in a couple of shops and then had a coffee and cake in Costa, as we couldn't find anything else suitable - one place we went in didn't have decaf coffee and I absolutely can't drink much caffeine! We went back to Braithwaite after that, and relaxed for a bit before going swimming at 8pm. Lee wanted to go later and it was quite fun! We must have had something for tea but I really cannot remember what. Oh well! 


On the way to Kendal


I think this is Hellvellyn, but don't hold me to it


One of the pretty streets in Kendal


We went in here and bought some stuff, but I didn't think it was that nice when we ate it


I loved this little alleyway


The outside of the shop!


I liked this little alleyway too 


And this one... they reminded me a lot of York


And this one! We walked round before going back to Cool Crafting and actually going inside 


Here is the wall with Luna and all her friends! I really need to get to work on the new clothes for her


In the entrance of The World of Beatrix Potter


Jemima! I love Jemima Puddleduck so much


Peter, of course


Here's Jemima again


And the wily Mr Tod


And Pigling Bland!


Peter Rabbit's coat on a scarecrow in the garden


Which also had this pretty flower


Pigling Bland and Pigwig (I know all their names after reading the books)


Peter and his mother


Mrs Tiggywinkle, who is another favourite


The the house that the dolls Lucinda and Jane live in


Jeremy Fisher, this exhibit turned


Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail


A model of Beatrix's house, which I have also visited


Me back in the flat, wearing one of my flamingo skirts and a white top


And finally, the pool at 8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment