Thursday, August 24, 2023

Holiday in the Lake District - Day 6

On the Tuesday of our holiday we had booked to go to a spa! We had discussed doing it but I couldn't find anything cheap enough, but then Lee had a look and found an afternoon "thermal journey" at Lodore Falls. So we booked that for the Tuesday afternoon and decided that before that we got to Keswick for brunch and to look at the shops that we hadn't had chance to look in on the previous Friday when we were there. I had a look and found Merienda, which had plenty of vegetarian options for brunch, so we parked and walked to there.

It was great, I had smashed avocado and halloumi on toast, with two poached eggs and some hummus. It was delicious, I really enjoyed it. There was a new girl working there and she made our hot chocolates which turned out to be lovely, so she was pleased when we said that. We went in quite a few shops, including Ye Olde Friar's chocolate shop (there's also one in Ambleside) where I bought some delicious chocolate. We also went in a couple of record and vintage shops. 

We drove to Lodore Falls at about 12.30. It is absolutely stunning! It also has a gorgeous view out on to Derwentwater. We went into the spa and got changed. Inside there are a number of different rooms, ranging in heat, and a number of showers. Outside there's a hydrotherapy pool, heated to 36 degrees, and which has a number of different jets in it. It also has an infinity edge, looking out on to the beautiful gardens. We had two hours, and we also got a free drink in that. We spent most of the time in the pool because it was just so gorgeous, even though the weather was a bit rubbish. I did go in the hot rooms inside, and Lee just relaxed while I did that. I'm so glad I've turned him on to spas because it's so nice and relaxing for both of us. 

We left at about 3.30 after a shower and headed back to the flat, where we just relaxed for the rest of the evening. It was such a lovely and luxurious day! 


Gorgeous hot chocolate in Merienda


And my brunch, which was so good


Walking up to the spa - the infinity pool edge is above that white wall there. I would love to stay in one of these hotel rooms!


This brook runs through the hotel grounds


Isn't it gorgeous?


The pool just before we got in it


This is the older part of the hotel, whereas the spa is all new, I think it only opened this year


The infinity edge of the pool


Free glass of rose prosecco, thank you!


While we were sitting having a drink


As you can see the weather wasn't great, but it didn't matter because the pool was so warm. You can see some of the jets here, too


Lee took this one - on the right is the sauna that was outside, but we didn't go in there


And here's me in the pool


And again!


This was the inside with the saunas and steam rooms


Back outside, Lee's photo


Me with my drink. The robe was a pretty decent size on me


Lee took this of the steam room too, as I was working my way round


And finally, just before we had to get out


I was wearing this Yours dress (thanks it has pockets!) and this Joe Brown's cardigan, both of which I really like


Lee made a roast kind of dinner for tea - we bought Yorkshire puddings but then he roasted potatoes and carrots, and stuffing for me (he had chicken)


Here are all the books I bought in the Lake District - the tope four were from charity shops and the bottom one was from a shop in Pooley Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment