Friday, December 1, 2023

Beautiful Thing in Leeds

On the 23rd of October Sam and Jodie and I went to see Beautiful Thing in Leeds. It is one of my favourite films and Sam and I saw it in the theatre - in Leeds Playhouse, the same place as this time! - ten years ago, on its 20th anniversary. I know it has its flaws but I first saw it at a very formative age and I just really love it. I saw it was touring again so asked Sam and Jodie to go back in like July or something. Then as it got closer to the time I read that the two leads were going to be played by Black actors! This adds a whole dimension to the narrative, so I was really looking forward to that. 

I had been to craft club in the morning, still working on a crochet blanket that was nearly finished, and then I chilled out in the afternoon. I set off about 5pm because I was a bit worried about traffic and also parking. There used to be parking out the back of the playhouse but now they appear to be building something there, so I had to park at Victoria and walk across. It wasn't too far though. I took a picture of the advert for the show outside the theatre before I went over to the Aagrah where we had arranged to meet for tea. I have been to the one in Wakefield but not the one in Leeds, I don't think. I was early but I had my book with me so I sat reading that until Sam and Jodie arrived. 

They have a lot of vegetarian choices, I was a bit spoilt! I went for onion bhajis which came in this like ring shape, and then vegetable korma. I feel like you rarely see vegetable korma; it's not usually there, so I went for it as it was a bit of a novelty! It was delicious!

We went across to the theatre and got seated. The Playhouse has had a refurbishment since I was last there and the seats are really roomy and comfy. The play was really good - funny and fun, but with a lot of pathos, just how it should be! Perfect! I got home quite early too, and to bed!

I had bought myself a pair of all black Converse on Vinted - I think they were about £11 all in which is a bargain. They're really comfortable and soft, I love them already! I wore them with leggings because I couldn't be bothered finding tights! I was also wearing a Simply Be dress which is also really comfy. 



All black Converse , they're in really good condition


The advert outside the theatre. It kept changing so I had to stand there until it came back round, haha


Onion bhajis


Vegetable korma, rice, and some saag aloo too


Ice cream for dessert


Me and Jodie and Sam in the theatre


This was the only set - Jamie's bed slid out just to the left of the turquoise door, which was really fun. It was a good set!

No comments:

Post a Comment