Sunday, September 29, 2024

Food in Meadowhall with Sarah

On Friday the 16th of August I went to Meadowhall to meet up with Sarah for tea. We had had this planned for ages and I was really looking forward to it. You might remember that Sarah's husband Tom died just before last Christmas. Sarah is doing brilliantly without him and in looking after their little girl. I've seen her a few times since then, of course, but not in the evening as she's obviously needed for R. However, Tom's mum was looking after her and Sarah could come out with me! I was thrilled about this! We decided to go to Meadowhall and to Wagamama for food because we both really like it. 

I went out in this cream spotted dress that I've only worn a couple of times before. It was hot and the dress is cool so it was ideal. We met at 7pm and had to queue for a little bit to get into Wagamama but then got good seats. We shared some vegetarian starters and I had tofu raisukaree which I really like and which was still delicious. 

We then went next door into Carluccio's for pudding and a coffee. We both had tiramisu and a cappucino, hah. We chatted the whole time and we talked about Jasmine as I was grieving, and we talked about Tom because we always need to, but we talked about a hundred other things too. She is doing okay, and that is the main thing. Grief sucks. 

We said goodbye about 9.30, I'm guessing. The sky outside Meadowhall was really pretty so I took a photo before heading home. I'm lucky to have someone like Sarah as one of my best friends. 


Cream spotted dress just before I headed out


Bang bang cauliflower, mushroom bao, and vegetable gyoza


Tofu curry - I could eat this right now because it's so spicy and delicious


Here were are in Carluccio's 


Tiramisu which was soooo nice


And the pretty sky as I was leaving. Sometimes you just have to appreciate the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment