Saturday, February 27, 2021

New Knickers!

I have had problems with knickers for ages, I couldn't seem to find any that were comfortable or fit me properly. I had some boy shorts that I've been wearing forever even though they weren't very comfortable, and some old sets of those packs from Evans. Those did fit okay, but I find that the elastic goes on the waistbands and they end up covered in holes. I had a previous pack from Crazy Clearance which were okay, but still not really big enough. They ended up being period pants - I'm sure a lot of us have those - and I don't really care that they're covered in stains.

I DO have some knickers that I liked. I had two pairs from Yours, the like of which I've never seen again on their site. I had two pairs from Simply Be that I will wear for a while longer. I had two other pairs from Simply Be that I bought in like 2012 and which are SO comfortable that I've tried to buy more. I looked up their product code and everything, but they weren't available any longer (I should've bought like 10 when I had the chance).

A couple of times I've ordered packs from Simply Be or Crazy Clearance but they haven't fitted so I've sent them back. However, I'm eternally an optimist so while I was browsing Crazy Clearance recently I threw three packs into the basket. I was hoping at least one would fit. As it turns out, all three do, so I now have SEVENTEEN new pairs of knickers. I threw out lots of the rubbish old ones with holes in, kept some for use as period pants, and trued unsuccessfully to make the rest fit in quite a small drawer!

I am not sharing a photo of me in my knickers, so here's the ones I got from the order confirmation:


So the first pack was just two pairs of knickers, one in this peach colour and one in a mocha colour. They are that smooth, matte satin kind of fabric, which I really liked and which feel kind of fancy so are nice to wear under a nice outfit. These were £10 which is pretty steep for two pairs of knickers I feel, but I liked them so I kept them and I'll probably wear them for 'best'.

The second pack was a pack of 10, it was £11.40 which is very reasonable. There's three black pairs, three white, two spotted and two striped. I was surprised these came up over my belly, but they do. They're soft and comfortable and I like them

The third pack was a pack of five, for £12, which is very reasonable I think. These are like those gym knickers we used to have to wear at school under our grey gym skirts. They're cotton, but a kind of thicker brushed cotton. They come way up my belly and go right down on my bum too. No fear of a cold stomach or back here! Lee thinks they're ridiculous but I don't care because I love them! This pack has two black, two white and one blush pair.

Thoroughly recommend any of these and Crazy Clearance if you're in need of new knickers!


No comments:

Post a Comment