Sunday, February 7, 2021

Films of the Month - December

I'm just going to write a quick post here. The completist in me doesn't want to miss a month of films, but equally, I can't be bothered downloading a bunch of pictures and writing about films, especially as for the beginning of the month I just watched a bunch of mostly forgettable Christmas films. I'm writing this on the 11th of January and a lot of stuff has left my mind! But here's what I saw:

1) Christmas With the Coopers - can't remember it at all

2) Happiest Season - I liked this and Kristen Stewart was great, but her character's girlfriend was terrible. 

3) Klaus - nope, forgotten that too. 

4) Last Christmas - I had high hopes for this but it was ultimately a bit rubbish. I worked out the twist

5) Home Alone - a classic, I always love watching it at Christmas

6) Muppets Christmas Carol - again a classic, even though I only saw it for the first time a couple of years ago. I love it, I like how straight Michael Caine plays the character of Scrooge even though there are Muppets all around

7) Jingle All the Way - this was cute

8) A New York Christmas Wedding - who doesn't like a Christmas wedding film, although I don't remember it now

9) Christmas Made to Order - don't remember this either. I'm sure it was fine. 

10) The Christmas Chronicles 2 - I had seen the first one in November so watched this one. I preferred the first one, though. And the little girl is really annoying.

11) Bad Moms Christmas - Sam and Jac and I watched this together. I love it

12) Miracle of 34th Street (the 1994 remake) - Lee and I went to the drive in cinema to see this which was great. I've never seen it, I liked it though

13) Arthur Christmas - Sam and I watched this together. She hadn't seen it before but I had; she enjoyed it. I think it's really cute

14) The Santa Clause - Lee wanted to watch this. I didn't love it, but it was okay

15) Christmas Wedding Planner - I do remember this because it is the WORST FILM and it has the WORST ENDING and if your friend acted like the main character you would STOP TALKING TO HER

16) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Lee wanted to see this, I've never seen it but I liked it

17) Die Hard - just before Christmas we watched this, which is also a Christmas must for me. I love it. We watched this on the 22nd, after that I was a bit depressed over the whole Covid Christmas thing so we didn't watch anything else, until....

18) Ferris Beueller's Day Off - we watched this on New Year's Eve as we had to stay in of course. We have started to make our way through a list of 100 80s films, and this was one of them. I have seen it before but not for absolutely ages. I do like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment