Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Films of the Month - January

I only watched nine films in January. I'm sure this happens every year, and I think it's because I watch so much Christmas stuff that I've missed in early January and end up trying to get to that before it goes off catch up. And what I did watch was some weird stuff, because Lee and I are trying to make our way through a Buzzfeed list of 100 80s films. I had only seen 17 of them, and Lee had seen less than half, so we decided we would watch them all over the course of 2021. It's not like we've got anything else to do! 

So we started off 2021 with these films:


I've never seen Clue even though I know it's a bit of a cult classic and even though I love Tim Curry. I liked it, it was quite kitsch and funny, but I'm not sure I'd bother watching it again


We watched Clueless just because we both love it, it's a teen classic that we both grew up with. I've started watching The Babysitter's Club again, where Alicia plays Kristy's mom - it's great if you haven't seen it


I've never seen The Terminal so I watched it by myself one afternoon. I quite liked it, but I wouldn't rush to watch it again


Nightmare on Elm Street was the second of our 80s films. I've seen it parodied so many times that it was quite funny to see the original. I liked it, but I think Halloween, which it's really similar to, is better


Lee wanted to watch Rogue One, which he thinks is the best of the modern Star Wars films (I really like The Force Awakens, and neither of us rates the prequels [in fact, I've only seen one of them]). I do really like it, so I didn't complain about watching it


Miss Juneteenth is a film about an ex pageant winner who wants her daughter to follow in her footsteps. Someone on Twitter had recommended it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The main characters were great, and I liked how their economic background especially was portrayed


Sam and I watched The Favourite together. I hadn't seen it since I saw it in the cinema when it came out. It's great, I loved it so much


Lee and I watched The Karate Kid for the 80s films list. I didn't rate it at all, it went on too long


Finally I watched Election with Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick. It was on iplayer and I like Reese so I thought I'd chance it. It's a weird film, I liked it but I wouldn't watch it again

And there we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment