Monday, April 19, 2021

Films of the Month - March

I watched more films in March than I had in February, which was good. I watched a few films with Sam as she was off work for a couple of weeks. Here's what I saw:

A lot of people had been talking about Framing Britney Spears and honestly, I would recommend it. I always kind of wrote her off, but I know that since her breakdown she's lived under a terrible conservatorship, with her dad at the helm. It is very hard to not be on her side and the film shows why


Beautiful Thing is one of my favourite films and I watched one rainy afternoon by myself


Some friends and I watched Moxie, which is based on the book by Jennifer Mathieu, and which came out in March on Netflix. My review of the book is here, and I really enjoyed the film too. 


Lee and I watched Honey I Shrunk the Kids because it was on the 80s film list. I loved it as a kid and I think it does stand up over thirty years later as a feel good family film


I've seen the documentary that this film is based on, which is about the 2015 season on Everest, which was one of the deadliest ever. I liked the film 


Lee and I watched Back to the Future II which is also on the 80s film list. It's one of my favourites so it wasn't a hardship to watch it! I love it


Sam and I decided to watch all the Ocean's films so we started with Ocean's Eleven. I love it, it's such a fun caper and George and Brad are excellent as is mostly everyone else


Lee and I watched The Empire Strikes Back, which is my favourite of all the Star Wars films 


Sam and I watched The Prom, which I'd been meaning to get to for a while. Honestly, save yourself two hours and don't bother. It's not even that it's bad, it's just violently mediocre. It's awful


Then Sam and I watched Ocean's Twelve. It's the weakest of the trilogy for sure. The story makes no sense at all and I don't really like Catherine Zeta Jones


Operation Varsity Blues is part documentary and part reenactment of the scandal around rich people buying college places for their children. I really enjoyed it. Rich people do some weird things


Sam and I then watched Ocean's 13, which is better than the second one and has a more coherent story. It does, however, have too much Matt Damon


And finally we watched Ocean's 8, which is obviously the best and which I love very, very much 


Lee and I completed the trilogy and watched Back to the Future III which is the weakest of them, but is still a decent story


And then for some reason I wanted to watch Bowling for Columbine, which I've liked ever since I first saw it nearly twenty years ago. It was good to rewatch but painful to realise how little has changed in twenty years

No comments:

Post a Comment