Monday, May 24, 2021

Weekend in Saltburn: Day 2

On Saturday morning while we were in Saltburn my mum ventured out and found breakfast for us - full English for her and my stepdad, and veggie breakfasts for me and Lee (who doesn't eat red meat). It was yummy! We set off about half past twelve to go up the coast through Redcar. There wasn't much open there so we carried on to Middlesbrough, where my mum fulfilled a lifelong dream and saw the Transporter Bridge. Unfortunately it's not open at the moment or I think we would have gone on it! It was pretty cool to see, though. 

We went back through Redcar and stopped. There were a few shops open which we went into, and we got ice creams and drinks from an ice cream parlour right on the front. We sat in a shelter to eat as it was quite cold and a bit wet. I had a unicorn ice cream which was delicious and also matched my hoodie, haha. 

Lee and I dropped my mum and stepdad off at their apartment and then went to some shops in Saltburn. I had seen there was an independent bookshop so we went there, and in a couple of other places. Then we had seen a chocolate shop so we bought some fancy chocolates and some hot drinks to drink back at the apartment. Again, we needed a bit of a rest before the evening. 

In the evening we got Thai food from a place called Coco and Rum that in normal times I'd have loved to go in because it had delicious cocktails! I had tempura vegetables, then tofu and vegetable panang curry which was so spicy and delicious - it's one of my Thai favourites. Everyone enjoyed their food, and there was loads left over which we brought home to eat on Monday night. 

In the evening we played games again. We had an earlier night because I was so tired!


The transporter bridge


And from closer to


South of Redcar somewhere


This beach would have been lovely on a sunny day


This was closer to Middlesbrough - look at the river of rain across the path!


My ice cream was ludicrous... 


But it did match my hoodie... 


Lee had a rapsberry tango ice blast and it dyed his tongue blue for ages


Back in Redcar


Like with a lot of seaside places, there's been a lot of regeneration of Redcar seafront and building is still going on. I hope this is something we continue to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment