Monday, May 31, 2021

Weekend in Saltburn: Day 3

We attempted to get breakfast on Sunday morning but failed. I know things are up and down with Covid, but a couple of places said they were open during the pandemic and then they just... weren't. So we gave up on that and set off to Whitby instead. We went down the coast road through Sandsend and Loftus, which was a nice drive, and parked near the Co op in Whitby. It was SO busy, I couldn't believe it and felt quite anxious even though we were out in the fresh air. 

We had lunch pretty quick as we hadn't had breakfast. My stepdad had fish and chips and the rest of us had sandwiches and chips. We ate them in the fresh air near the swing bridge, which is now closed to traffic on weekends and bank holidays, which made for a much less polluted lunch, so that was nice. We walked down the sea front, and then me, my mum and stepdad had a 20 minute ride on a boat. Lee gets motion sick so he walked over the bridge and went to the record shop in the marketplace, which he enjoyed, so everyone was fine. The boat ride was cute, I liked it. 

We were all quite tired so we didn't do much more, but we did go up on the top of West Cliff. I bought some donuts down in the town and ate them on the cliff top while everyone else had an ice cream. It is really lovely up top to look at the sea, across to the abbey, and down into the town. There's tons of B&Bs up there and we all said we would like to stay there one time. We stopped in Sandsend on the way back to Saltburn, which is again somewhere I'd like to go and stay. I love the waves there.

We went back to the apartments again and had pizzas that evening. We had made the decision to not cook all weekend which was great, but again there was lots of leftovers which we again brought home to eat later. 

Just before bed, we all walked down to the cliff top just down from our apartments. You could see the pier all lit up, and Redcar all lit up to the left. I took some pretty decent photos with my phone! 


Whitby quayside


The back of the boat we got on 


Looking at the Magpie cafe on our way out


The east cliff


The wake of the boat


A very terrible selfie, I swear I was having a good time




I liked this boat back on the quayside


My mum!


Donuts!


The small boat on the right is the one we had been on 


Sandsend



Saltburn pier at night


This photo I took with the flash on


And this one I didn't, I love it, don't you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment