Saturday, August 14, 2021

Day Out in Uppermill

Right at the end of June I went to Uppermill, right on the top of the Pennines, to see Steph. I obviously haven't seen her in forever thanks to the pandemic, and she was off for a few days so I drove over. It's weird because I put the address in my satnav and it took me a weird way to Holmfirth, and I thought, well if you'd said I had to go through Holmfirth I could have got myself there! I followed the A635 across the moors then. It was a lovely sunshiney warm day and driving across the moors listening to a podcast was beautiful! It's been a long time since I've driven myself so far, by myself, as where I've been for 16 months has been with Lee or just driving to work or somewhere like that. So it was nice!

I parked in Uppermill and met Steph. We went in a couple of shops and then had a cup of coffee in the sunshine. Then we went to a garden centre nearby which is also where we ended up eating lunch. The food was nice but the service was slow - the staff seemed very confused about what was going. We drove a little bit after lunch and went past some gorgeous parts of the moors. Then we went to a pub and had some dessert there while sitting on the canalside in the sunshine. It was really lovely! I didn't want to be too late home so I set off back about 3pm, but it was so lovely to see Steph and catch up after so long. 

I was wearing my new LGSM t-shirt. I saw it in The Bookish Type in Leeds but didn't have enough money to buy it as well. But then I immediately regretted it and decided to order it online. You can usually buy it through Gay's the Word (where LGSM originated), but it was out of stock. But then Housman's bookshop had it, so I ordered through them. I must point out it was the same £12 wherever I bought it. It arrived first thing on Tuesday so I put it on. I love it! I'll be wearing it lots over the summer I reckon. It's a 2XL which is the biggest size they stock (boo!) and while it doesn't fit me on the hips, it does fit on my arms and boobs so is fine tucked into a skirt. I love it!



My whole outfit, which included this skirt which as I've said before was a dress but the bodice was short on me so I cut it off


A close up on the shirt. If you haven't seen the film Pride, go watch it now!


Me and Steph in the car together!


Some sheep in the middle of the road in Marsden 


Sitting next to the canalside in the pub


And looking the other way


And finally this necklace which I bought from Asos a couple of weeks previously. It says 'Good times are coming' and I think that's perfect for just now!

No comments:

Post a Comment